Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hello, Please help me, my monitors is having problems!!!!

IHMJack

Sep 6, 2010
I have 5 monitors that needs repair these are either the DELL 3007WFP or 3008WFP, I have attached some pictures

Monitor A - When plugged into a computer, it shows nothing but a blue screen with random flashing scan lines of black, the black lines just disappears and comes back in a very fast continuously motion.

Monitor B - It has 2 discolored lines running from top to bottom of monitor

Monitor C - It shows large blur spots and dots of red and blue but only shows on BLACK background every other color backgrounds it is not as obvious.

Monitor D - When plugged into the computer and going under control panel it will give you about 15-20 resolution settings to select from ranging from 800x600 to 2560x1600, only about 30% of these settings shows, the other 70% of the settings the monitor will NOT DISPLAY, mostly only the lower resolution settings works. on the same exact computer, I plugged in other 30" monitors on it but it has no problems displaying all the settings.

Monitor E - Without a DVI cable plugged in, the monitor goes into Self-test mode and displays series of white red green and blue screens, But when you plug a DVI cable in, the self-test stops but it does NOT DISPLAY anything at all and I think the power lightgoes from blue to orange, this is a 3007WFP

Questions

1. Based on the information provided, which replacement parts would I need to buy For monitor A to E? Power supply? Inverter? Logic board? New display panel? Others? How much will it cost to fix, if the problem is PANEL related?

2. Is it possible to repair any of these damage parts or does it have to be REPLACED?

Sorry, I know the letter is very long and I very appreciate your time and help!!! THANK YOU

SAM_1303.jpg

SAM_1306.jpg

SAM_1308.jpg

SAM_1314.jpg

SAM_1318.jpg

IHMJack

Sep 6, 2010
Still no replies???? Someone please help me, help would be greatly appreciated, thank you :)

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Let me guess, you bought 5 dead monitors off eBay?

Not faults I'd like to fix.

Faults with vertical or horizontal lines (that don't move) generally indicate a problem with the row or column drivers or connections.

For the random flashing type of fault, you could do worst than look at the power supply first just in case it's gone absolutely berserk. In most monitors this type of fault normally prevents the monitor from powering up at all though.

Last edited:

IHMJack

Sep 6, 2010
Let me guess, you bought 5 dead monitors off eBay?

Not faults I'd like to fix.

Faults with vertical or horizontal lines (that don't move) generally indicate a problem with the row or column drivers or connections.

For the random flashing type of fault, you could do worst than look at the power supply first just in case it's gone absolutely berserk. In most monitors this type of fault normally prevents the monitor from powering up at all though.

The ones with horizontal lines, what part would I need to replace? how much will it cost to fix this???

with all the other monitors, based on the problem symptoms, can you actually tell which part is having problems??? So I know which part to order and replace?? thank you

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I have absolutely no idea.

You would need to know the make and model of each, and probably even then you'll find various revisions which are all different.

Do you know what's in an LCD monitor?

1) screen (with integral driver)
2) interface/logic board
3) backlight inverter/controller
4) power supply

3 and 4 are often repairable, but none of the faults are suggestive of this.

2 is maybe replaceable, but might cost more than a new monitor. Something very obvious might be repairable.

1 is almost certainly going to cost more than a new monitor.

If you have several units, all the same make, model, and revision, you may be able to make a good monitor from what you have.

Oh, in addition to all of the above, there is firmware in the monitor. I had a monitor go "stupid" whilst under warranty and this was the problem -- probably factory fix only.

Oh, and what is your skill level and experience with electronic repairs?

IHMJack

Sep 6, 2010
I have absolutely no idea.

You would need to know the make and model of each, and probably even then you'll find various revisions which are all different.

Do you know what's in an LCD monitor?

1) screen (with integral driver)
2) interface/logic board
3) backlight inverter/controller
4) power supply

3 and 4 are often repairable, but none of the faults are suggestive of this.

2 is maybe replaceable, but might cost more than a new monitor. Something very obvious might be repairable.

1 is almost certainly going to cost more than a new monitor.

If you have several units, all the same make, model, and revision, you may be able to make a good monitor from what you have.

Oh, in addition to all of the above, there is firmware in the monitor. I had a monitor go "stupid" whilst under warranty and this was the problem -- probably factory fix only.

Oh, and what is your skill level and experience with electronic repairs?

these monitors are the DELL 3007WFP and DELL 3008WFP, Im not that experienced but I managed to open up the monitor, now I just need to know which part I need to buy to replace them

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Looks like a classic thronomister failure. Get a pair of them and rebraid them into the static port.

You're not reading anything I say are you?

IHMJack

Sep 6, 2010
Looks like a classic thronomister failure. Get a pair of them and rebraid them into the static port.

You're not reading anything I say are you?

the thronomister?? is that something that I myself can do?? or does that take some fancy shop equipments to do??

If the thronomister is something monitor screen/panel related issue and you will need to bring it to a shop because they have the equipments to do this task, it will cost about $300 repair I believe which is not worth it :(

Mitchekj

Jan 24, 2010
I've only seen a thronomister once, and it was accidentally mixed in with high-flux capacitors. I don't know if it's something you can replace yourself, but it did have tamper-resistant screws in it. I hate those things.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Damn, if it's mixed with high-flux capacitors here there could be additional radiometric issues with the cross intermodulation products.

Tesla

May 10, 2010
I think during those model years (2007-2008), Dell was using Samsung screens. I'm not sure if the circuit boards were Samsung reference or Dell's own design ... but I don't think either used flux-capacitors.

Like Steve said ... start swapping parts between like monitors until you get one that works. Be carefull because a known good part can be damaged when installed in a bad monitor.

LCD repair is not as easy as it looks. You have to know what you are doing and in general ... have some experience working on electronic equipment. There are also some dangerous voltages inside them (as is usually the case for something that plugs in or has a powerfull battery).

Seeing if you can get into the programming menu is a good place to start when testing.

If you are not experienced in board level repair, you can get LCD boards here:
http://www.shopjimmy.com/
and other places. I think most of these are "working pulls".

Oh, and read replies carefully ... If someone asks you a question be sure to answer it.

smartvmusa

Sep 13, 2010
I think the first two monitor have display problem and other three have power supply problem. You can purchase the display any where like amazon, newegg and other many more sites.

Thanks
Peter Pal Disuja

Last edited by a moderator: