Maker Pro
Maker Pro

i need help very badly

gg200

Apr 13, 2012
i dont no about resisters, the only thing i know is that they can cut off some of the power flow.

heres my problem i got 2 items i want to put lights in but i dont know or cant find out a wat to know what kind of resister they need in ohms.

so one was a ps2 slim i put a light in and it blow up and the other item is a 3 channel receiver to my rc car i want to put a power light on it. i try but i cook the receiver up.

i try to study resisters everyone on you tube and google dont speak english where u can understand. try google but no that does not help.

ok i wonna know what kind of ohms do i need on my ps2, i have a 8.5v and a 5.3 amps. i dont know what those numbers mean but i can find help on that.

my rc car radio take 4 aa batterys butt i dont have a cloe to find out what resisters ohms u need.

i need english i dont need nerd talk no offense to anyone. but i dont know electroinics but i want to to do mods of my own ideas and by my mind..

guys i dont know what to say but i dont know **** and i need help, you tube sucks google sucks i need something im hungry for eleltronics.

Wabajig

Apr 14, 2012
You might want to buy a adjustable Resistor substitution box and place in the highest ohm position (M ohms) to start, and connect in series with LED or small lamp. Slowly adjust substitution box until light comes on at comfortable level. Look at the resistor you need on the box. Remember if the resistor is too small in size it may get too hot, get bigger resistor. Keep the same value in ohms though. Also LED's only work in one direction, so be careful. Also goto Library, resistors are the most basic thing to learn in electronics. Good Luck and always be careful with electricity. John

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
this anit heping me.

Why not? It will give you all the answers to you questions if you actually read it... Or better stated it gives you all the tools you need to get the answers to your question with just a little work by yourself...

The answers to your questions are dependent on the characteristics of the light or LED you decide to use, as well as the supply powering them, there is simply no single right answer until you assemble all the pieces of the puzzle...

You need to at least try, no one can help you if you don't want to actually help yourself and try...

BTW this is English, (with some basic Math) not nerd talk...

gg200

Apr 13, 2012
You might want to buy a adjustable Resistor substitution box and place in the highest ohm position (M ohms) to start, and connect in series with LED or small lamp. Slowly adjust substitution box until light comes on at comfortable level. Look at the resistor you need on the box. Remember if the resistor is too small in size it may get too hot, get bigger resistor. Keep the same value in ohms though. Also LED's only work in one direction, so be careful. Also goto Library, resistors are the most basic thing to learn in electronics. Good Luck and always be careful with electricity. John

hey dude can you tell me how me ohms i need for my ps2 slim it take 2.5v and 5.3 amps?

also tell me why do those numbers have points in between?

can you also tell me how meny ohms i need for a receiver that takes 4 AA batterys?

theres just mix info back and forth i dont understand none of it i just know soldering.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hey dude can you tell me how me ohms i need for my ps2 slim it take 2.5v and 5.3 amps?

also tell me why do those numbers have points in between?

seriously !! ? how old are you ? have you not done any basic maths at school ?
the first day of any basic maths would have taught you about decimal points

you still havent told us if you are wanting to use LED's or light globes ??

Dave

gg200

Apr 13, 2012
seriously !! ? how old are you ? have you not done any basic maths at school ?
the first day of any basic maths would have taught you about decimal points

Dave

no i dont understand thr point between the two numbers and how my schooling as a child years ago is my busness.yes i never was taght decimal points so u can have your fun now, i know how this is gonna go:rolleyes:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010

If LEDs, the colour is important.

If bulbs, the voltage rating is important. If it doesn't closely match the power supply (8.5V?) then the current or power rating of the lamps is also needed.

Knowing how many is also good.

gg200

Apr 13, 2012
If LEDs, the colour is important.

If bulbs, the voltage rating is important. If it doesn't closely match the power supply (8.5V?) then the current or power rating of the lamps is also needed.

Knowing how many is also good.

im not talking about lamps im talking about a game system amd a rc car radio system read my story before comment pls.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
I'm going to assume a Troll at this point, and bow out before my head implodes...

gg200

Apr 13, 2012
I'm going to assume a Troll at this point, and bow out before my head implodes...

say what u want, i find it veery hard to see why lots of people cant be simple to a begnner.

in this case by your way of talking to me your the troll.

I made a bad mistake of being a member on here:(

Last edited:

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
say what u want, i find it veery hard to see why lots of people cant be simple to a begnner.

This is as simple as it gets...

Resistor in Ohms is equal to

Source voltage

minus

LED forward voltage

........ Get this number, simple subtraction, got it? ........

take that value you got above and divided by

the ideal LED forward current in Amps, it's likely rated in mA (15mA = 0.015 Amps or 20mA = 0.020 Amps for example)

The end result is the minimum resistor value you need in Ohms...

Subtraction and addition are all that is needed, but if you have no concept of decimals it's likely over your head...

This is easily garnished info from the LED page linked...

Last edited:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
im not talking about lamps im talking about a game system amd a rc car radio system read my story before comment pls.

No, you want to put lights in it.

Let me remind you:

heres my problem i got 2 items i want to put lights in

So tell us about these lights first and we can move on from there.

gg200

Apr 13, 2012

can u give me a link on how to do these decimals in electronics.

the only decimals i know is in money. but it wont hurt to link me to a site that can show me how decimals work in electrionics.

i will try to study the rest of what you told me and see if i can master this .

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012

can u give me a link on how to do these decimals in electronics.

www.google.com

Really, the search field is also a calculator, that fully handles decimals...

the only decimals i know is in money. but it wont hurt to link me to a site that can show me how decimals work in electrionics.

i will try to study the rest of what you told me and see if i can master this .

Base 10 decimals are decimals be it money or electronics...

gg200

Apr 13, 2012
No, you want to put lights in it.

Let me remind you:

So tell us about these lights first and we can move on from there.

ok i got rainbow leds from ebay i dont remember the info on them. so my attempt on trying to mod the thing did not work out. i put wires under the part where the power cord plugs in to and then the led.

when i plug in the ps2, the light lasted for 2 sec and it blow right up. i had the thing plug in a power strip so i save my system and from a fire as well.

my idea was to put a led light on the from right hand side vents on the system. which is right under the power button.

now as for the traxxes radio Receiver i wanted to have a power light on it . i did the very same thing like i did on my ps2 . well the Traxxas Receiver got cook. heres a link of what it look like.

http://www.nitrorcx.com/traxxas-receiver-2215.html?gclid=COC6jJ-vs68CFcJM4Aodjk2gjQ

Last edited:

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
ok i got rainbow leds from ebay i dont remember the info on them.

Go to your Ebay account and look at you past purchases, and see if the auction is still archived... If no find the seller on Ebay and see ifhe/she is still offering them...

With no knowledge of the LEDs requirements any guess at a resistor is just that, a guess...

gg200

Apr 13, 2012
Go to your Ebay account and look at you past purchases, and see if the auction is still archived... If no find the seller on Ebay and see ifhe/she is still offering them...

With no knowledge of the LEDs requirements any guess at a resistor is just that, a guess...

ok i been thinking when they say 1.5v battery, is that . 5 volt drop or is that amps?

there has to be a reason for the other number so ether the other number meins a volt drop or amps.

i try that google thing and the wbsite are kinda strange.

if i can find out what thve .5 stands for then i can try to maybe do better at my study on this.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
ok i been thinking when they say 1.5v battery, is that . 5 volt drop or is that amps?

Neither it's 1½ volts...

there has to be a reason for the other number so ether the other number meins a volt drop or amps.

No other number it's a single value, it's not 1 volt, it's not 2 volts, but it is in fact 1.5 volts or 1½ volts...

if i can find out what thve .5 stands for then i can try to maybe do better at my study on this.

.5 = ½