Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Welding Current Transformer Core Materials

maheshyadla

Feb 27, 2012
Hi to all,

Hi I am designing the resistance welding current transformer for the IBE robots.

The input voltage is 560 V to the primary side and designing it for 100KW power.

So can any one suggest me a core materials which are best suitable for this application.

Thanking you ,

KMoffett

Jan 21, 2009
Core material will depend a lot on the frequency of the AC power driving it.

Beyond that, I would say that someone that's designing a 100KW transformer should already have the expertise to know that information. Ignorance (lack of knowledge) in designing high-voltage/high-power electrical equipment is asking for death and/or destruction.

Ken

Ken

maheshyadla

Feb 27, 2012
Core material will depend a lot on the frequency of the AC power driving it.

Beyond that, I would say that someone that's designing a 100KW transformer should already have the expertise to know that information. Ignorance (lack of knowledge) in designing high-voltage/high-power electrical equipment is asking for death and/or destruction.

Ken

Ken

I am designing the transformer at 1000Hz frequency..

Sanu

Feb 14, 2020
In general, the welding current transformer core materials include permalloys (alloys 80% nickel and 20% iron), amorphous alloys containing approximately 80% transitional metals (primarily iron and/or cobalt) and 20% metalloids (barrels of boron, silicon and carbon) as well as nanocrystal alloys in amorphic grains.