Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How do you power a coil without short circuiting the battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeuscryste

Jun 20, 2012
I have a caduceus wound coil that supposedly won't get hot, I know if you connect both terminals together the battery will short circuit. So how do you send current through a coil safely? Thankyou

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
The coil is resistive, thus it offers a viable load and is not a short, in theory ;) But, I'm not sure about the 'heat up' part, why are you trying to heat it up? You might want to Google caduceus coils a bit before you dive head first into what is usually a game of smoke and mirrors ...

Last edited:

Xeuscryste

Jun 20, 2012
The coil is resistive, thus it offers a viable load and is not a short, in theory ;) But, I'm not sure about the 'heat up' part, why are you trying to heat it up? You might want to Google caduceus coils a bit before you dive head first into what is usually a game of smoke and mirrors ...

I'm not trying to heat it up I just want current passing through it. So it would be safe to connect it up to a battery?

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
You said
I have a caduceus wound coil that supposedly won't get hot
Now you say
I'm not trying to heat it up I just want current passing through it.

What are you attempting to do with this coil? Hooking it up to a battery isn't going to do much of anything but drain the battery, and yes possibly 'short' out the battery...

Xeuscryste

Jun 20, 2012
You said
Now you say

What are you attempting to do with this coil? Hooking it up to a battery isn't going to do much of anything but drain the battery, and yes possibly 'short' out the battery...

Apparently, this coil produces scalar waves, it's an experiment.. So what I'm asking is, will it make the battery explode or destroy it or something?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I have already answered this question tomorrow.

It's probably not much more dangerous to connect to a battery than an equivalent length of wire. There are numerous web sites that will tell you the resistance of a given length of any size wire. From this determine the current and then the power dissipated. You need enough length of wire (or small enough voltage) to ensure that the resistance limits the current to a value that allows the heat to dissipate without large temperature increases or even melting the wire.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Time to lock this thread

free magnetic energy, perpetual motion, purported interactions outside the laws of physics are just a waste of space on the forum

Dave

Xeuscryste

Jun 20, 2012
Time to lock this thread

free magnetic energy, perpetual motion, purported interactions outside the laws of physics are just a waste of space on the forum

Dave

Who ever said the laws of physics are correct? Newton? I go by Teslas theories..

Status
Not open for further replies.