Maker Pro
Maker Pro

NFC reader

kanna5836

Jul 28, 2012
Currently I am a final year student designing NFC reader for non-NFC smartphones as my final year project. So, first I need to design circuit for NFC reader for the smartphone. Can anyone guide me to design a circuit for the NFC reader. I have found out NXP IC PN532 used in most NFC reader. Is this is impossible to do? Thank you.

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
There's possibly two reasons that there's be zero responses to this topic. One is members might consider this project nefarious. Two, ... It's homework.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Can anyone guide me to design a circuit for the NFC reader

Pick a NFC reader IC, study it in depth, study NFC in general in depth and design a circuit based upon that chip using this knowledge... Then design the interface to your phone (wifi, bluetooth, usb?) and third write the firmware for the phone to interpret and interface to your reader...

Is this is impossible to do?
Far from, it's certainly doable, you will just need to figure it out...

kanna5836

Jul 28, 2012
There's possibly two reasons that there's be zero responses to this topic. One is members might consider this project nefarious. Two, ... It's homework.

Sorry Friend. It's my own proposed project and not homework as you think. Mind it and if can give any idea please proceed or else....

kanna5836

Jul 28, 2012
Pick a NFC reader IC, study it in depth, study NFC in general in depth and design a circuit based upon that chip using this knowledge... Then design the interface to your phone (wifi, bluetooth, usb?) and third write the firmware for the phone to interpret and interface to your reader...

Thanks for the idea. I want to connect the adapter with the phone via USB.Firmware for the phone can use VB.net??

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Thanks for the idea. I want to connect the adapter with the phone via USB.Firmware for the phone can use VB.net??

I don't have any real phone coding experience, does VB.net support output to any phone OS format? I'm doubtful it does since it's generally a horribly bloated PC output that needs a ton of installed support files on the device running it... You will likely have to find a suitable compiler or developer platform for each phone's OS...

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
Sorry Friend. It's my own proposed project and not homework as you think. Mind it and if can give any idea please proceed or else....

If it were not for my inquisitive post your topic would have be in the back pages of oblivion. Besides, I was only speculating why you hadn't received any responses. It was not an accusation.

It's not my forte but good luck to you and your project.

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
I don't have any real phone coding experience, does VB.net support output to any phone OS format? I'm doubtful it does since it's generally a horribly bloated PC output that needs a ton of installed support files on the device running it... You will likely have to find a suitable compiler or developer platform for each phone's OS...

This is just one of many reasons I've not moved away from VB6.0. If Win 8 no longer supports VB6 I'm moving over to Power Basic. The language is quite similar to VB6 while NET is anything but. ;)

kanna5836

Jul 28, 2012
Android OS

I want to connect an external NFC reader module to my HTC sensation XE to make it NFC phone. So, I need program and do the driver file for the NFC reader. Is it possible to make it?? How do I program it? I have just download the Android software development kit (SDK). I need your guidance please. Thank you.

dahhal

Jul 17, 2012
what is your degree, hardware (electronics) / software or a bit of both?

Just from the tone of this thread you seem anxious, which I can relate to back when I completed my final year project. If you are hardware CocaCola has given great first step of Pick a NFC reader IC, study it in depth, study NFC in general in depth and design a circuit based upon that chip using this knowledge. the PN532 you mentioned has a highspeed UART. You will be able to get a bluetooth chip that will transmit over UART/SCI. I've used this LMX9820A - Bluetooth™ Serial Port Module before. Its an BGA package I was lucky to be working with a great Technical Assistant able to use solder flux and a heat gun to get this on the PCB for a prototype run.

If your answer before is that you prefer software and the above all seems daunting, as it does to be as I'm a softie, I'd use an Audrino NFC shied and bluetooth shield. Its not going to be tiny. Though you shouldn't have any hardware issues and you can focus on the software which will be a project by itself if your writing NFC, Bluetooth drivers for the shield.

arduino NFC
http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/NFC_Shield

arduino Bluetooth
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php?topic=54212.0

kanna5836

Jul 28, 2012
what is your degree, hardware (electronics) / software or a bit of both?

Just from the tone of this thread you seem anxious, which I can relate to back when I completed my final year project. If you are hardware CocaCola has given great first step of Pick a NFC reader IC, study it in depth, study NFC in general in depth and design a circuit based upon that chip using this knowledge. the PN532 you mentioned has a highspeed UART. You will be able to get a bluetooth chip that will transmit over UART/SCI. I've used this LMX9820A - Bluetooth™ Serial Port Module before. Its an BGA package I was lucky to be working with a great Technical Assistant able to use solder flux and a heat gun to get this on the PCB for a prototype run.

If your answer before is that you prefer software and the above all seems daunting, as it does to be as I'm a softie, I'd use an Audrino NFC shied and bluetooth shield. Its not going to be tiny. Though you shouldn't have any hardware issues and you can focus on the software which will be a project by itself if your writing NFC, Bluetooth drivers for the shield.

arduino NFC
http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/NFC_Shield

arduino Bluetooth
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php?topic=54212.0

I am electrical and electronics student. I am doing this project as my final year project. Since my supervisor advised me to do the software part first using NFC reader module because the time is not enough to do hardware. He plans to do hardware part after software part complete. Using software I can test the hardware.
I have checkout in online to buy NFC reader module for smart phone. Can you recommend me a suitable NFC reader module which can used to test out with my smart phone. I guess you understand me..

kanna5836

Jul 28, 2012
I am electrical and electronics student. I am doing this project as my final year project. Since my supervisor advised me to do the software part first using NFC reader module because the time is not enough to do hardware. He plans to do hardware part after software part complete. Using software I can test the hardware.
I have checkout in online to buy NFC reader module for smart phone. Can you recommend me a suitable NFC reader module which can used to test out with my smart phone. I guess you understand me..

dahhal

Jul 17, 2012
I've never used NFC or Aldriuno, though in your position I would get a Aldriuno + Aldrino NFC shield + Aldriuno Bluetooth shield. See links in previous post for details.

kanna5836

Jul 28, 2012
I've never used NFC or Aldriuno, though in your position I would get a Aldriuno + Aldrino NFC shield + Aldriuno Bluetooth shield. See links in previous post for details.

I have decided to use NFC / Mifare Mobile Module Arygon technologies product for my NFC adapter. First I will write and develop the driver file using the reader module. After I done my software part, I'll concentrate on my hardware part. Thanks for suggestion. If there any suggestion or ideas you are mostly welcome..