Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Protel 99se and Windows 7

milos_momirov

Mar 16, 2010
I have a problem, when i instal my protel 99se whit service pack 6 on Windows 7, my windows explorer stops working....

55pilot

Feb 23, 2010
I hardly think this is the right place for that. No harm is asking, but don't be surprised if you do not get many useful answers.

I would recommend looking for Protel or Altium (their new name) specific public forums. I have no doubt they exist. Altium has one, but you need to have a legit license to register and you have to register to even read the posts.

---55p

jull

May 12, 2011
i have a problem, when i ant to add libraries to *.sch, i have this massege: "file is not recognized" do you have an idea how i can resolve this problem?
thank's

jull

May 12, 2011
problem protel99se with WIN7

hi,
i have a problem, when i want to add libraries of components *.sch the massege " file is not recognized" is appear.
do you have an idea how i can resolve it:confused:?

thank's

Gembong Makelar Ndeso

Oct 5, 2012
Just for sharing, Protel 99SE Vs Windows 7 Ultimate,
The problem = Dead audio (Sound Card drivers Stopped Working).
The solution = Please Install Protel 99SE in the Save Mode of Windows 7---->
Restart = Ok,
Thanks to God
( From Kediri - Indonesia with Love)

zivoradbre

Aug 19, 2012
Be very careful, because when I try to install Protel on W7....I had to install Windows again...don't know how to solve that. Now I use Altium.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Wow, that sounds expensive! (Arrrr!)

One of the benefits of purchasing a license is that you get support for exactly this sort of stuff.

SSJB

Dec 16, 2016
i have a problem, when i ant to add libraries to *.sch, i have this massege: "file is not recognized" do you have an idea how i can resolve this problem?
thank's

Watch Video " Run Protel 99 SE on Window 7 & Solve library File Not Recognized Error"

www youtube com/watch?v=R7Orthw0L1o

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Wow, that sounds expensive! (Arrrr!)

One of the benefits of purchasing a license is that you get support for exactly this sort of stuff.

didn't know this thread existed prior to some one else reviving it

I also have the older and yes licenced version of protel and I couldn't get it to run on Win7 that version wasn't designed for 7
I contacted Altium and they wanted around $1500 or so for the latest version .... yeah like that was going to happen !! :(

I will have to revive my old XP laptop to be able to run things smoothly.

Dave

SSJB

Dec 16, 2016
Dear Friends,

First of all sorry for the above non working link.

I want to share the link of the video file which demonstrates how you can resolve the problem of "File not recognized" in Protel while adding libraries.

I have tested it myself & got 100% result. Give it a try.

Description of Video File on Youtube:
Protel 99 SE "File Not Recognized" Library Error Solution "Windows 7"- Video Tutorial

Link of Youtube:

Regards
SSJB