Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Elapsed time recording device

mekal

Jan 25, 2013
Hello everyone! I am trying to make a electronic time recording device. Thought I might find some people with knowledge on this fourm. Here's what I am trying to make.

A device that:
Records elapsed time every time power is supplied to this device.

When power is turned off, the device saves the last recorded time, and when powered on again picks up at the previously saved time.

Have programable times that the device can send an output signal.

Something with a reset feature also that can start the time back at 0.

Does anybody know of any electrical devices that can accomplish this?

I am an electronic newbie. Help please!

Thanks Michael

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
I doubt you will find an over the counter device but this is simple enough to do with a micro and a real time clock IC... But, being a newbie you will have a learning curve and an initial investment...

mekal

Jan 25, 2013
Thanks for the information. Looks like I have some studying a head of me!

mekal

Jan 25, 2013
CocaCola. Do you have an email address where I can send you a private message concerning this subject. I am not a stocker or anything lol. Just want to talk one on one with someone with electronic knowledge. I cant send PMs due to me low post count. Send me your email via Private message if you decide to do so. Thanks! Michael

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Hi Michael.

FYI I suspect (don't know for sure) that CC will want to keep any discussions on the public forum where they may be of value to other users. Generally if you want private one-on-one help you have to pay for it! We are all volunteers here.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Michael pretty much what Kris said, unless you are looking to contract me to make said device or contracting me to assist in making said device I would prefer to keep everything in the open so everyone learns...

One thing to note, I rarely release any source code for public consumption, so that isn't likely to happen here... But, I will assist in steering you in the right direction if you attempt to go at it yourself...

mekal

Jan 25, 2013
CocaCola what do you mean by releasing a public code? I am interested in finding an individual who can make the device that I described for compensation. ( I will contract out to you) If cocacola is interested in making the item for me than I would like to discuss the details in private. These forums provide lots of knowledge and I do not intend to take that away from anyone, but I believe it is fair to discuss the financial aspect of this proposed transaction privately. Let me know what you guys think.

Thank you all!

Michael

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Michael I will post up an email later tonight after I get a new one setup, they locked me out of my hushmail I was using for this reason because I didn't log in often enough...

mekal

Jan 25, 2013
Michael I will post up an email later tonight after I get a new one setup, they locked me out of my hushmail I was using for this reason because I didn't log in often enough...

Sounds good.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
You can email me all the details here...

koca.kola (at) zoho (period) com

Lenp

Sep 8, 2009
There are battery powered elapsed time meters all over the internet that may be cheaper/better than a do it yourself project.