Maker Pro
Maker Pro

[Newbie] Power Supply Building

Mr.Yousuf404

Dec 27, 2012
Hello Everyone, I know i havent been active for a long time and that's because school's killing me with projects/hw/quizzes

Anyways, I'm a absolute newbie in electronic stuff so i was thinking of making a power supply that i can use for future mini projects.

I found some cheap "Switching Power Supply" & I was thinking on how can i install both potentiometer & digital volt meter so that I can know the voltage.

n6fdjs.jpg

Again I have no knowledge with Schematics and a little knowledge in electronics

{gave up on these stuff because i didn't know how to calculate or understand things :( ((sorry)) }

I hope to hear & learn from you all professors ^^

Best regards,

Yousuf404

sean2526

Dec 1, 2013
Easy for the voltmeter has three leads one red one black and anothet that could be any color but red or black. Red is to power the meter, black is used to power the meter and measure the - voltage and the other color is used to measure + voltage. As for the potentiometer you will have to hook it up will the voltage regulator, which in the one above sounds like it is fixed. Could you link a description of the power supply above, and i will get back to you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-01-16-56-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-12-01-16-56-27.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 90

Mr.Yousuf404

Dec 27, 2012
Easy for the voltmeter has three leads one red one black and anothet that could be any color but red or black. Red is to power the meter, black is used to power the meter and measure the - voltage and the other color is used to measure + voltage. As for the potentiometer you will have to hook it up will the voltage regulator, which in the one above sounds like it is fixed. Could you link a description of the power supply above, and i will get back to you.

http://dx.com/p/ac-dc-switching-power-supply-silver-202114

sean2526

Dec 1, 2013
I dont know enough about switching power supplys to give you a correct i only know about linear power supplys. Hope you find the answer!

davenn

Sep 5, 2009

Mr.Yousuf404

Dec 27, 2012
how can i build one that supports good current for most of the projects & I can easily vary the voltage/current maybe ?

Do you think that a 2A or 4A can make a peltier cool a coca cola can ?

and can you explain me what are these power bucks and can i use them to vary current & voltage ?

Thanks Again!:D