Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Opening Door Using Computer ?

ahaseeb

Dec 6, 2013
Hello,
I am interested in a small project where I have to use a beaglebone to open a commercial door. There are many commercial door opener available in market but here specifically I am looking to open it at interval. So as soon as I trigger on Beaglebone, door gets open

I am not worried about software login but mostly on hardware end. Ideally there must be a universal standards that triggers the doors to open. Can you help me with that ?

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
I suspect that the information you provided may be a bit too sparse.

Chris

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I have googled and now know what a beaglebone is. They have support forums, and I was going to suggest you ask there, however your question isn't related so much to that device...

I have never looked at a commercial door opener, and I doubt that there is any industry standard interface. But there might be. Have you inquired of any of the manufacturers of this equipment?

Is there any reason you don't want to get a specific model of door opener and make that work?

I suspect the question may come down to "How do I get a beaglebone to drive a relay?" or something similar to that. These are questions which are probably already answered on the beaglebone web site.

ahaseeb

Dec 6, 2013
Lets take out Beagle bone out of equation and focus on opening using a computer. I am interested in building a relay that can work on most of the doors.

Like here in this case. Reason I want to do it is that, I want the door to be automatically open and close at specific times.

http://www.manaras.com/acctrols.pdf

So interested in knowing if we can build one-universal kit that can work with multiple devices and on computer we can program the times. Not concerned about software side alot , but hardware

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Essentially what you are after is a device that can take a logic signal and drive a relay.

There are bazzillions of these on eBay.

Here is the first one I saw.

ahaseeb

Dec 6, 2013
Essentially what you are after is a device that can take a logic signal and drive a relay.

There are bazzillions of these on eBay.

Here is the first one I saw.

Yes it might be something that I can use. let me get it and try it.