Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Pioneer H-R100 8 track player

floyd whitman

Oct 20, 2014
My old player will not change tracks, either automatically or by manual push button. The solenoid that changes tracks works and it rotates the contact plate. I cleaned the contacts, but still doesn't work. Any ideas? Thanks

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Hi there and welcome to Electronics Point :)

I like your name! Very cool.

What's the model number? I'll do a web search for service information.

KrisBlueNZ

Nov 28, 2011
The only links I can find for Hitachi HR 100 are for a profesional video tape recorder! See

Are you sure that's the model number?

Can you upload a few pictures?

floyd whitman

Oct 20, 2014
The only links I can find for Hitachi HR 100 are for a profesional video tape recorder! See

Are you sure that's the model number?

Can you upload a few pictures?

I"m pretty sure its a HR 100. I'll check again. I'm no good at sending pictures. MaYBE i COULD GET SOMEONE TO DO IT.
tHANKS.

KrisBlueNZ

Nov 28, 2011
I get some hits Googling for H-R100 but they're Pioneer not Hitachi...

floyd whitman

Oct 20, 2014
Its a Hitachi-I guess so old, none knows about it anymore. I couldn't find anything in my net search. Thanks anyway

KrisBlueNZ

Nov 28, 2011
Hi Floyd,

Sorry for the delay.

I found the service manual but it isn't very helpful. There are only two sections that even show the head, and I've uploaded them below. Click each image to expand it, and right-click and select "Save image as ..." (or something similar) to save it to your hard drive so you can view it at 100% size.

epoint 270917 head assy.png

epoint 270917 subchassis.png

I don't expect these images will be much use.

I've never even seen an 8-track unit so I don't know what to suggest. I would actually have to have it in front of me to be able to try to diagnose the problem. You could make a video demonstrating what it does and doesn't do, with a voice explaining what should happen, and upload it to YouTube and link it here. Without that, at a minimum, I don't think I can help.

floyd whitman

Oct 20, 2014
Hi Floyd,

Sorry for the delay.

I found the service manual but it isn't very helpful. There are only two sections that even show the head, and I've uploaded them below. Click each image to expand it, and right-click and select "Save image as ..." (or something similar) to save it to your hard drive so you can view it at 100% size.

View attachment 16767

View attachment 16769

I don't expect these images will be much use.

I've never even seen an 8-track unit so I don't know what to suggest. I would actually have to have it in front of me to be able to try to diagnose the problem. You could make a video demonstrating what it does and doesn't do, with a voice explaining what should happen, and upload it to YouTube and link it here. Without that, at a minimum, I don't think I can help.

Sorry-I'm hopeless on taking pictures or videos and downloading them. Thanks anyway. I believe there must be a problem in the circuitry.