Maker Pro
Maker Pro

configuring grid tie inverters to function when mains power off

oz93666

Dec 7, 2014
I have 3kw of solar panels, feeding two grid tie inverters, which deliver power to the grid.

When the grid is down, the inverters automatically stop work, and I have no power. Is there a way to make my own mini grid? Disconnect completely from the mains , and by using a small generator , or small inverter powered by a battery, fool the grid ties into thinking the mains is working , so they start to deliver and I can use the power?

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Hello,
This guy, also called Martin has some real in-depth videos on his channel that explains everything needed for on grid and off grid. He shows how to install, maintain, replace batteries and the whole workings of solar panels etc.
This video is just one from his channel that is very informative.
His channel is mjlorton.
Have a look here.

Martin

oz93666

Dec 7, 2014
Hello,
This guy, also called Martin has some real in-depth videos on his channel that explains everything needed for on grid and off grid. He shows how to install, maintain, replace batteries and the whole workings of solar panels etc.
This video is just one from his channel that is very informative.
His channel is mjlorton.
Have a look here.

Martin
Thanks Martaine ,have just watched the video , and left a question, but don't hold out much hope , as this is quite a technical , electronics question.