Maker Pro
Maker Pro

PANASONIC KX-TG2570 - 2.4 GHz Cordless Answering System - My handset display says "Out of Range"

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
MHZ go back and catch my add on . . . . . . to my POST # 17.

Last edited:

MHZ

Mar 29, 2016
Sir 73's de Edd,

Strange, because I had exactly same one before, and always worked fine

I don't know what's wrong now... Especially that this one is new out of the box ???

I checked that add, and it might have to do with NEW networking technology and an older phone etc...

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
I checked that add, and it might have to do with NEW networking technology and an older phone etc...
Most certainly should not.
The communication between the base and handset is not influenced by the external network.
They recommended pressing talk on the handset and then putting it on the base *without turning it off first*
There has to be a trick to make them pair or sync' together. We just need to know what it is for that model.

MHZ

Mar 29, 2016
That's what I found strange as well. Because basically that would mean, that EVERYBODY having an older phone, would have to throw it away !! Make no sense. And I think Japanese engineers would have thought about that ? Or maybe not ?!

I'm lost...

MHZ

Mar 29, 2016
About "Out of range errors" people get with this phone
ByTim G. Corcoranon January 3, 2003
Color: Black

It's funny how many reviews on here say these phones worked for awhile but eventually would transmit but not receive, give out of range errors etc. This is NOT STRICTLY the phones fault people...
The problem is so many 801.11b WiFi networks in use today and that technology uses the same 2.4GHz band this phone uses for receiving from the base... so the phone gets "static" and can't work. The 900MHz band it uses for transmitting to the base is unaffected, get it?
So the problem is the new networking technology and an older phone... Fault Panasonic for not having a better design that could handle this interference maybe, but your phone isn't broken... I really love this phone and am sorry to have to get another.
You can do what I did, try a 5.8GHz phone, it'll be fine until someone uses that band too for a computer network :)

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
About "Out of range errors" people get with this phone
ByTim G. Corcoranon January 3, 2003
Color: Black

It's funny how many reviews on here say these phones worked for awhile but eventually would transmit but not receive, give out of range errors etc. This is NOT STRICTLY the phones fault people...
The problem is so many 801.11b WiFi networks in use today and that technology uses the same 2.4GHz band this phone uses for receiving from the base... so the phone gets "static" and can't work. The 900MHz band it uses for transmitting to the base is unaffected, get it?
So the problem is the new networking technology and an older phone... Fault Panasonic for not having a better design that could handle this interference maybe, but your phone isn't broken... I really love this phone and am sorry to have to get another.
You can do what I did, try a 5.8GHz phone, it'll be fine until someone uses that band too for a computer network :)
Garbage. I see where the logic is, but this is not the case.
The 2.4GHz band has many 'channels' that are used which are slight variations of that frequency. Your home WiFi network connection should remain on one of at least 11 channels. When I lived in an apartment I had neighbours that used their own WiFi networks and would use channels 1, 3, 9, and 11 most often. Many of them used the same channel but were far enough away from each other that their WiFi network worked fine for them in their unit but would have reduced range outside.
If this model cannot auto-select a channel or band to operate on then the phone is garbage. This kind of auto-sensing technology has been around for a long time. They will often pick the band or channel with the least amount of noise to operate on, and many newer phones will actually jump around dynamically while it's in use instead of picking one to start with.

So.. plausible, but unlikely, unless you have dozens of WiFi networks in your immediate vicinity. (Check your Smart Phone or Laptop and see how many are within range, if you have 15-20 within range, it may be *possible* but again... is unlikely unless these networks are high-powered or right next-door. The more 'full signal' Wifi networks in the area would increase this... if it's a weak signal, you can pretty much ignore it)
I should also ask when the old one broke. It would be strange that one worked, and the other does not in the same environment.

Additional note... the 5.8GHz has been used on older WiFi networks and is being adopted again for newer WiFi networks...

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Last edited:

MHZ

Mar 29, 2016
Actually the old phone didn't break (for as far as I know). It gave the same error, and that's why I thought I'd try the new one. But, both phones (OLD & NEW) are IDENTICAL !
Could it be the battery ? However, I fully charged it, and it remains charged

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Actually the old phone didn't break (for as far as I know). It gave the same error, and that's why I thought I'd try the new one. But, both phones (OLD & NEW) are IDENTICAL !
Could it be the battery ? However, I fully charged it, and it remains charged
Do you live in an apartment or town-house complex with lots of other people?
If so, you can try a new battery... but I doubt it will remedy the situation.
When did the old phone stop working?
The WiFi networks mentioned above are not supposed to put out a bunch of interference on other channels, but they do... and the cheap or ill-designed WiFi devices can cause excessive noise. If this is noise related, turn off or unplug the WiFi or other devices on the wireless network and see if you can get your phone to work.
This won't be possible if you are living in a high density building though with lots of other tenants/owners

MHZ

Mar 29, 2016
I live in a house. 1 neighbor to my right (about 10 mtrs away i would say)

MHZ

Mar 29, 2016
Do you live in an apartment or town-house complex with lots of other people?
If so, you can try a new battery... but I doubt it will remedy the situation.
When did the old phone stop working?
The WiFi networks mentioned above are not supposed to put out a bunch of interference on other channels, but they do... and the cheap or ill-designed WiFi devices can cause excessive noise. If this is noise related, turn off or unplug the WiFi or other devices on the wireless network and see if you can get your phone to work.
This won't be possible if you are living in a high density building though with lots of other tenants/owners

I don(t think the phone is faulty. As you said earlier, there must be a trick to get it talking.....
The question is : what is that trick

MHZ

Mar 29, 2016
Here's the phone

Attachments

• 2016-03-29 23.56.50.jpg
    2016-03-29 23.56.50.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 2016-03-29 23.57.14.jpg
    2016-03-29 23.57.14.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 2016-03-29 23.57.25.jpg