Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Electronics Project

Corey Evans

Dec 24, 2016
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some general direction and info. I'm attempting to create an electronics project but not too sure where to begin. The haedware needs to connect to a phone and table, so I'm guessing some sort of bluetooth chip is required? But I also need the phone and table to know where the hardware is located, is this a hardware thing or a coding thing? Any direction to some soldering plans would be appreciated.

Thanks.

ZFpcba-Downey

Dec 23, 2016
Looks like you are a newbie. Then I suggest you to choose PTH parts for the board instead of SMD parts. So you can solder it by yourself and it would be much cheaper. And for connecting a phone and table, I think you can use bluetooth module or USB. For locating the hardware, you can choose a GPS module for it.

Corey Evans

Dec 24, 2016
Looks like you are a newbie. Then I suggest you to choose PTH parts for the board instead of SMD parts. So you can solder it by yourself and it would be much cheaper. And for connecting a phone and table, I think you can use bluetooth module or USB. For locating the hardware, you can choose a GPS module for it.
Would the GPS module simply function as a means to locate the hardware via the app (on a phone or tablet) so that moving closer to the hardware would cause the app to indicate they are moving closer and moving away fromcthe hardware would indicate they are moving away.

ZFpcba-Downey

Dec 23, 2016
Would the GPS module simply function as a means to locate the hardware via the app (on a phone or tablet) so that moving closer to the hardware would cause the app to indicate they are moving closer and moving away fromcthe hardware would indicate they are moving away.
Of course, just like two smart phones locate each other by GPS I think. But I don't know how to make it either, Sorry. Check https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/gps-basics and https://www.sparkfun.com/pages/GPS_Guide, hope these two links can help you to know more about GPS.