Maker Pro
Maker Pro

my remington electric shaver (plug in) fell, broke open and the leads disconnected-

A'sfanDano

Feb 28, 2017
CIMG0004.JPG I know a little about electronic -ohms law and getting shocked, therefore I was hoping after I post this and a pic of what it looks like now - maybe I could get instruction s on where to solder these red n bklack wires so tht I dont hv 2 buy another shaver .Ty for your time---- A'sfanCIMG0003.JPG CIMG0005.JPG CIMG0003.JPG Dano

Attachments

• CIMG0002.JPG
    CIMG0002.JPG
    291.2 KB · Views: 100
  • CIMG0002.JPG
    CIMG0002.JPG
    255.7 KB · Views: 72
  • CIMG0001.JPG
    CIMG0001.JPG
    253.4 KB · Views: 61

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I can't see the electrical connections in your pictures well enough to make guesses.
Do you know anybody that does electronic-type hobby repairwork?
If somebody with more experience takes a look at this up-close, they should be able to identify if it can be repaired or not.

A'sfanDano

Feb 28, 2017
ty i will submit a clear diagram -sorry if image was bad -ty 4 your time'

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
This is the problem.
You can see what these connections go to, but we're just guessing.
After disassembly, the unit is so compact that you're probably going to have a hard time fitting everything back together so that it functions properly.
This is what you should have: One side of the incoming power line will go to electrical neutral of the shaver motor.
The other 'hot' 120VAC wire will go to the shaver's on/off swtich. From the switch it will go to the other side of
the shaver's motor.
We appreciate your drawings and pictures, but we're unfamiliar with the assemblies your wires go to.
We're hesitant to tell you where to solder wires and then tell you to plug the shaver in as it may explode if the wiring is not correct. Somebody who works with electrical items can probably physically look at what you have, and then
make a good educated guess about what your components are and where your wires should be soldered.
You sound pretty serious about trying to fix this shaver. I again recommend finding somebody who does electronics
type work to look at it and see what he thinks. If you do this yourself, wear eye protection and be prepared for the
shaver to explode when you try to power it up, in case you've wired it incorrectly.
We try to help as best we can, but in this case I do not recommend you do this by yourself.