Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Automatic switching between parallel and series connection

NK808

May 17, 2017
So, TEG due to temp delta creates a pressure similar to a pressure washer ( tiny water molecules like hypothetical electrons ) and forcing them out to a large water container ( capasitor ). How does multiplying pressure builders contribute to reduction of friction at the walls of the hoses and non-laminar liquid flow?

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
Voltage as a speed of water in a pipe I understand, Amperage as a diameter of the pipe I understand,
0 for 2. The analogy for voltage is pressure, water pressure. The analogy for resistance is restriction, the diameter of the pipe. The analogy for current is - current. Water flow in gallons per hour is the analog of electron flow in electrons per second.
V=I*R is difficult for me to understand. What is Resistance and why at times it is Impedance.
When you get down into the real math of electricity, it involves complex numbers with both real and imaginary components. The real part is called resistance, the imaginary part is called reactance, and the combination is called impedance. When working in DC circuits some people use the terms resistance and impedance interchangeably. Sloppy writing, but not a serious technical error.

ak

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
How does multiplying pressure builders contribute to reduction of friction at the walls of the hoses and non-laminar liquid flow?

At about the point that this simple analogy breaks down.

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
How does multiplying pressure builders contribute to reduction of friction at the walls of the hoses and non-laminar liquid flow?
It doesn't. The water analogy for electricity is a simple one, works mostly for simple DC circuits only, and doesn't come close to addressing the complex vector analysis that is at the heart of AC circuits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poynting_vector

ak