Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wearable bus card

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
I am struggling to understand what you are proposing. Presumably, the bus card is inserted into a slot to be read when you board the bus. How does you wearable version work?

Bob

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I am struggling to understand what you are proposing. Presumably, the bus card is inserted into a slot to be read when you board the bus. How does you wearable version work?

Bob

the latest ones don't need to be inserted, they are just held against the reader in the bus for a couple of seconds

I'm trying to create a wearable system that is able to contain all the info that my bus card contains to pass. The card looks like this:
So, the first step should be reading the chip on my card. How can I do this? Of course that's just for my personal use, i do not want to steal info from anyone.

but the comments from the OP don't really make sense as he isn't going top be able to put the info onto his card that is contained on the commercial card
and even if by some rare chance that he could, then what he is doing is trying to cheat the bus company/govt transport agency

so either way it is likely to be illegal
I am going to await a response from the OP on his intentions before possibly closing the thread

Dave

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
You are showing us a “Smart” card with its contact driven interfacing.

The one you describe is using wireless RFID interfacing.

Apparently that company is in progressive transition / replacement mode between the two types.

Should your intentions be “most honourable” and “all above board”.

Seems like you could just contact the powers that be, within that company, and ask for an upgrade to the newer type.
Problem thereby solved.

< < < < < < < < < < < THIS AREA TOTALLY DELINEATES THE TWO SITUATIONS > > > > > > > > > >

OTHERWISE . . . for a person considering entering into the nefarious illegality of taking a card reader and decoding info and transferring it to myriads of dupe cards.
( Con un infinito flusso di clienti desiderosi, fornendoti con massicce disponibilità di denaro ! )

The only prior, less safer media, was the mag-stripe technology which now finds scads of BLANK cards, available, free for the taking, from their rows of display carousels.
They are touting different companies offering gift cards to be prepaid for and being created on the spot, to be later used at that specific cards place of business.

NOW . . . . which category does a person fall within . . . . . Mamma Mia . . . we ain’t no naïve dummies . . .here.

Last edited: