Maker Pro
Maker Pro

LED Matrix Issue - LED line fault

Vikrant Mohanty

Feb 19, 2018
I have a 24*8 LED Matrix. It was working fine till today. When I find my 23rd column 3rd led not respond to any changes, and rest 7 led in that column remain ON throughout.

Has anyone came across such issue?? Removing 3rd faulty led may fix the issue. But my question is how to prevent such issue to occur.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Schematic?

How is the multiplexing achieved? Row/column or serial registers?

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Defective individual LEDs can be changed - it may simply be pulling the line low (shorted) maintaining a false logic level on the S-R drive output.

You can't stop it happening - that would mean predicting the future and lifespan of individual components. You can reduce the happenstance by using quality-controlled parts procurement.

Vikrant Mohanty

Feb 19, 2018
Defective individual LEDs can be changed - it may simply be pulling the line low (shorted) maintaining a false logic level on the S-R drive output.

You can't stop it happening - that would mean predicting the future and lifespan of individual components. You can reduce the happenstance by using quality-controlled parts procurement.
Thanks for the reply. I think you're correct I need to check for quality pieces.