Maker Pro
Maker Pro

I need someone to help identify the layout of this board.

DonkeyFlem

Jul 30, 2018
Hello,
my monitor no longer works due to a faulty switch. I've tried repairing but have no success.
It has no switch board anymore due to a severed connection.
The monitor works fine. The only issue I have is getting it to turn on.
Would it be possible to install a new switch or induce it to power up and leave it on?
I am sorry for lack of better terms and information. I am only getting into modifying PCB and soldering so this is a whole new world to me.

I've attached pictured of the board below.

Many thanks,
Owen.

Attachments

• IMG_20180730_162953.jpg
    IMG_20180730_162953.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20180730_162949.jpg
    IMG_20180730_162949.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 41

Kabelsalat

Jul 5, 2011
I really didn't quite get the problem.

Are your wall adapter gone?

Does the power adapter plug loose and need to be soldered back again?

None of the issues above normally requires a schematic.

So you use the term "switch" - probably wrong word as that indicates:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switch

DonkeyFlem

Jul 30, 2018
I really didn't quite get the problem.

Are your wall adapter gone?

Does the power adapter plug loose and need to be soldered back again?

None of the issues above normally requires a schematic.

So you use the term "switch" - probably wrong word as that indicates:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switch
Sorry that's my bad. The power adapter works fine. It's the power button (what I was calling a switch that is faulty). I can hook up the monitor and it will recieve power but I have no actual way of turning it on. I was hoping to solder a new switch. I just don't know what joints I would need to solder to make this happen

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
The problem may not be caused by the power button itself, but rather by the electronics which checks whether the button has been pressed.
If the button is the normal 2-contact type you could try temporarily shorting the contacts together. If that switches the monitor on, then at least you know the electronics part is ok.

DonkeyFlem

Jul 30, 2018
The problem may not be caused by the power button itself, but rather by the electronics which checks whether the button has been pressed.
If the button is the normal 2-contact type you could try temporarily shorting the contacts together. If that switches the monitor on, then at least you know the electronics part is ok.
I would try that however I do not know where these two contacts are. That is my main issue. I think if I could find them and make sure the traces and contacts are okay I could just mount a new button. But I can't find the PCB layout anywhere online. Thanks for your guys help by the way

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I would try that however I do not know where these two contacts are. That is my main issue. I think if I could find them and make sure the traces and contacts are okay I could just mount a new button. But I can't find the PCB layout anywhere online. Thanks for your guys help by the way

so what happened to the board that the switch was on ?

DonkeyFlem

Jul 30, 2018
A friend of mine who tried fixing the issue ended up breaking the board and throwing it in the trash. Before I could fix the issue it was too late.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
A friend of mine who tried fixing the issue ended up breaking the board and throwing it in the trash. Before I could fix the issue it was too late.

well that's a bummer. makes your job very difficult

google searching for the service manual, schematics or going to the manufacturer for the same are your only real choices

DonkeyFlem

Jul 30, 2018
well that's a bummer. makes your job very difficult

google searching for the service manual, schematics or going to the manufacturer for the same are your only real choices
Hey thanks a million I will do my best to source a service manual