Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help to identify and source fried component from Wireless Charger PCB

Alterego

Sep 28, 2018
Hello,

I am a non-techie beginner in DIY electronics, recently my wireless mobile charger went bad (which is apparently a common problem as I read around) . The charger does only blink blue light when the phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 8) is put on it and I tried several phones from friends as well. The charger came as a part of the Galaxy S7 Value pack and made by AnyMode.

The charger specs are follows :

Here is the disassembled charger.

Upon visual inspection of the PCB, it is apparent that a blue square part (possibly a capcitor) is busted by swelling and overheating and most probably the cause of charger not working as intended. Highlighted in red box.

I am usually fine at soldering tasks and have the basic tools at hand. Can anyone please inform

1. If the noted cause could be the reason of malfunction,
2. What is this part / part number /part specs .
3. Any online store/link where I can buy the part.

Would try to repair it myself before buying a new one, maybe it will work

Thanks for reading and your expert guidance.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
It's good to hear you have a reflow station and are experienced at surface mount soldering.

Unfortunately your images are too low a resolution for me to tell anything. If I click on them in taken to a very spammy this party site. Please upload your images here. Also, please read the information posted in the reference section about how to take good photographs.

edit: the photos are far more usable if viewed on a desktop device. They are unusable (or at least the pasteimage service is unusable for me) on a mobile device.

Last edited:

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
It's a 0.33μF capacitor, fortunately not a surface mount device and readily available from most parts suppliers although 'we' haven't determined WHY it blew though!

Alterego

Sep 28, 2018
It's good to hear you have a reflow station and are experienced at surface mount soldering.

Unfortunately your images are too low a resolution for me to tell anything. If I click on them in taken to a very spammy this party site. Please upload your images here. Also, please read the information posted in the reference section about how to take good photographs.

edit: the photos are far more usable if viewed on a desktop device. They are unusable (or at least the pasteimage service is unusable for me) on a mobile device.

File uploaded for clear viewabilty. Hope it would suffice for the needful.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Clipboard Image (5).jpg
    Clipboard Image (5).jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 19

Alterego

Sep 28, 2018
Also I am being suggested to replace it with Epcos (Brand) 0.33µF 63VDC 40VAC 10% - Model (ordering code) B32529C0334K000.

However the dimensions for B32529C0334+*** are 3.0 × 6.5 × 7.3 :

But I understand the dimensions of my fried cap are as

Length ~ 6.5mm

Width ~ 5.5 mm

Height ~ 2.5mm

Interpin space ~5 mm

Please correct me if I have made any mistakes in measuring the dimensions.

Can you suggest the cap with the needed specs which fits the dimensions to be replaced.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
If you can physically fit a larger capacitor of a higher voltage then do so as it will reduce the stresses on it in operation.