Maker Pro

Questions lithium polymer battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

bertus

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,

Did you see the list in post #61?
There you see a list of discharge depth versus the number of cycles.

Bertus

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
I received the device I turned it on and the LCD showed 2 charging bars but 3 charging bars is equivalent to 100% I recharged by USB for 30 minutes and continued on 2 bars so I put it to recharge for 1 hour and went up to 3 bars I used the device for a few minutes and returned to 2 charging bars which recommendations to preserve the maximum life of the battery polymer lithium recharge when I use it again and go to 1 bar or whenever it is for 2 bars do I recharge for 3 bars?

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
The 3 bars do not show the details that are needed about charging:
1) Less than 3V per battery cell reduces its life.
2) Continuously 4.2V per battery cell reduces its life.
3) Between 70% to 100% of a full charge the cell's voltage is 4.2V.
4) 3.7V to about 3.8V per cell is a good storage voltage for a long life.

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
Just guessing:
1) Leave it at 2 bars for most of the time.
2) Charge it to 3 bars before using it.
3) If it ever shows 1 bar then charge it to 2 bars if you do not use it soon.

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
in 2 bars is it safe to store for 3 months as indicated in the manual? in the manual says to recharge in 3 months

Whenever I use it before I recharge it for 3 bars, will it greatly reduce battery charging times? it drops from 3 to 2 bars with little use time

this status is not device is similar or not?
Dot-Mole-Removal-Pen-Portable-USB-Charging-LCD-Electric-Laser-Freckle.jpg

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
Rechargeable batteries are measured in Volts, not in Bars.

1) I have no other option only for the 3 bars, currently the device is recharged 2 bars and on Monday I will use it I put intervals of days to use it but when I finish the cauterization procedure I will store the plasma pen with the lithium polymer battery inside it

2) When the device is charging via USB and it goes to 100% and remains plugged into the USB, will it reduce the useful life of the lithium polymer battery? on the device there is no power cut even plugged in USB?

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
A lithium battery charger circuit is supposed to charge to 4.20V and when the charging current drops to 5% the charger is supposed to turn off. Then the battery is at a full charge and its life is shortened if it stays there for one month or more.

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
A lithium battery charger circuit is supposed to charge to 4.20V and when the charging current drops to 5% the charger is supposed to turn off. Then the battery is at a full charge and its life is shortened if it stays there for one month or more.

1) I did not understand this charging current of 5% I think I recharge the device up to 100% but after 100% the lithium polymer battery remains plugged into the USB port it will continue to recharge and overload the battery and reduce the useful life her? is there any circuit inside the plasma pen that protects?

2) before storing the lithium polymer battery for a long time I need to recharge up to 100% and use the device for a short time to reduce the recharge below 100% and after that I can store?

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
The charging circuit for a Lithium battery is supposed to do many things. Some do and some don't.
If the circuit is cheap and simple then it wrecks the battery soon so that you must replace it and they make lots of profit.
Store your battery at 2 bars, then charge it before using it.

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
The charging circuit for a Lithium battery is supposed to do many things. Some do and some don't.
If the circuit is cheap and simple then it wrecks the battery soon so that you must replace it and they make lots of profit.
Store your battery at 2 bars, then charge it before using it.

1) unfortunately I don't know if the plasma pen has a protective circuit on the lithium polymer battery when it is at 100% and remains plugged into the USB but the manufacturer says that the device has an internal chip processor that releases the plasma and this is a sign does it have a battery controller?

2) if a lithium polymer battery has 500 charge / discharge cycles, is it possible to increase these cycles with any tips?

3) Is there a problem if I briefly use the plasma pen with 2 energy bars? after use i recharge for 3 bars use a little to get out of 100% and store?

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
A storage charge is half a charge which is far from a full charge.

My RC airplanes give a warning when the lithium battery is low at 3.2V per cell then shuts off the high power motor at 3.0V per cell but allows the low power servos to work so I can steer and glide to a landing. Each airplane has the low cutoff circuit, not each battery. Sometimes a timer tells me it is time to land before the low voltage cutoff happens.
The used battery is unplugged from the airplane and is charged in a smart charger that senses a full charge then shuts off.
I do the discharging and measuring the storage voltage but some chargers can do it.

Many words and thebatteryuniversity.com can tell you how to increase charge/discharge cycles like do not fully charge, do not fast charge and do not discharge too low. Most people keep their phone fully charged each day so a charge never runs out until the battery needs replacement.

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
This is a whole lot of questionable forum resource allocation and effort. You can get just about any capacity and form factor battery today, just as the manufacturer of your widget did. You don't need to know much at all about it, just the type and measure it with a caliper so the replacement fits then swap over the protection circuit if part of the batt pack instead of integral to the widget.

It's not at all worth being a slave to this when you could either find some way to apply mountains of silica gel [ ;) ] or just buy a new battery when the time comes. A battery this size is going to be single-digit dollars expense. If you can't solder that, the topic is out of place here but it was already when the basics of Li-Ion lifespan are easily found with a web search... except for the magic of silica gel at critical mass, you won't find that anywhere but here.

This is just another silly waste of time where the OP wants some magical way to make everything last forever. YOU will not last forever, your time is finite and worth too much to indulge in this OCD.

gamer87

Mar 11, 2017
1) I live in Brazil in a very difficult region to find a lithium polymer battery compatible with the plasma pen are cylinder shaped batteries so what I want is to maximize the charge / discharge cycles and also the battery life of lithium polymer when the battery dies the plasma pen is disposable because it is difficult to find the battery

2)if the pen has a chip, then is there a circuit in it to protect the battery from reducing its useful life when it reaches 100% and remains plugged into the USB port?

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
From your persistent questions it seems you have failed to understand that none of us knows exactly what is inside your gadget, so can only offer advice/answers based on (a) guesswork or (b) experience of other electronic gadgets. So far you have not acted on the advice you have been given.

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
A 18650 is a common cylinder-shaped Lithium battery cell used in laptops, vapers and power banks.
It is a little larger than an AA cell. It is 18mm in diameter and is 65mm long. They are sold everywhere and some are bare and others have a protection circuit in them.

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
I bet that whatever battery it uses, you can get on ebay with world-wide delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.