Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need Help to design a simple blinking LED Circuit using a 9 volt battery

paul070459

Jun 15, 2021
Anyone ? Want a simple circuit that flashes an LED three times and then waits 5 - 15 minutes, then flashes the LED three times and so on. Power source of a 9 volt battery. Let me know. my email is [mod edit: E-mail removed] .. hopefully you are allowed to post that here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
Welcome to EP!
This is an open forum, so replies to your request would normally be posted here, not to an email address. The whole point of a forum is to share information.
A circuit that's 'simple' in terms of component count would involve a micro-controller. Are you able to program one?

paul070459

Jun 15, 2021
Welcome to EP!
This is an open forum, so replies to your request would normally be posted here, not to an email address. The whole point of a forum is to share information.
A circuit that's 'simple' in terms of component count would involve a micro-controller. Are you able to program one?
First, was not aware of the email thing... No problem.. I figured someone would fill me in. To answer your question NO! I do not know about a micro-controller at all. I was looking for someone to give me a heads up and what was required for the type of circuit I was looking for in the ways of help, or even offer to design it for me in exchange for some cash. I am very limited in electronics knowledge. Although I could bone up and get a basic idea of design (already an engineer here) thought my time would be better served letting someone else that is proficient in the field of electronics clue me in.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Arduino "blink without delay" good start.
Circuit is simple, plenty of assistance should you go wrong either on the Arduino forum or others.
Just need to get into it and get your head around the basics.

crutschow

May 7, 2021
That time period is too long for a 555 timer.
If you are up to a little circuit fab, a variation of this circuit using the CD4060 should work.