Maker Pro
Maker Pro

COVID-19

bertus

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,

@davenn , You must be younger.
I got both shots, one in April and one in June, both shots are AstraZenica.
In Holland they give the shots from old to young.

Bertus

bertus

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,

@davenn ,Then you do have almost the same age.
I am 61 now.
The vacination strategy is likely different in your country.

Bertus

Kiwi

Jan 28, 2013
Here in New Zealand we have been in full Level 4 lockdown for nearly two weeks due to a Delta breakout in Auckland. In the South Island and most of the North Island we go down to Level 3 at midnight Tuesday, but Auckland stays in Level 4.
Daughter is a hospital physiotherapist, so is still working full time. Like many New Zealanders I am working from home, but I am on call for essential services. Only one call back so far.
My wife, daughter, and I have all had both our our Pfizer vaccination jabs. I had no reactions, but wife had reaction to second, and daughter had a day off in bed after her first one.
Case numbers are still going up each day, but they are hopefully levelling off?

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Been relatively lucky here in Qld.
Was expecting the grand daughter to come over from Palmerston just before recent outbreak.
Like many, just waiting for improvements to kick in.
Had both my Astra shots, wife still waiting for her first Pfizer.
Supposed to be next week, still, need to keep checking, cannot rely on Gov. promises.

Nanren888

Nov 8, 2015
Report similar (Wgtn): neither Pfizer shot gave me any reaction at all. Wife (also hospital, nurse) complained of a sore arm for several days, but seemingly Pfizer seems a workable option. One advantage of not doing anything that anyone understands: no "on call." Still waiting for those numbers to start dropping back toward zero,

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
62 here - unvaxxed by choice.
No Covid illness - ever.
Close family members all fully vaxxed. More than half have had repeated Covid infections.
In our outer circle we know of four under 50's that have died 'suddenly' - all vaxxed.
I'm not pointing fingers nor do I want to argue the toss over this.
These are the facts I have at hand.
My vaxx position remains unchanged.

<edit> being ex merchant navy I've had (as far as I can recall) ELEVEN vaxx injections of various forms in my life, many for worldwide travel and disease prevention. I'm not an anti-vaxxer but all the vaxxes I've had so far all have decades of testing and research behind them. Maybe, in 10 years or so, I'll opt for the Covid vaxx. Until then.....

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
77 here, 78 if I make it to June 25. So far, so good! I became "fully vaccinated" in December 2021, but my wife is not vaccinated at all. My pulmonologist scared me into getting "jabbed" because of my co-morbidities of heart failure, type 2 diabetes, and age. He said if I got a COVID-19 infection that I would surely die! Well, I don't want that to happen any time soon, so I got jabbed. No effect. No "flu-like" symptoms, no headaches, no muscle soreness. Nada. I may have already developed self-immunity from previous exposure to the virus or a similar variant of it, but have not tested positive for COVID. I was tested prior to having my heart pacemaker/defibrillator replaced last year with a better, smaller, three-lead instead of the former two-lead, device. New lithium-ion battery, too, good for perhaps another ten years... I wonder if my wife can get a refund if I expire before the battery? Nah, someone will probably remove and re-cycle it...

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Our state now has Covid-19 in the community. Pretty much everyone is triple vaxed. I believe we have zero deaths from vaccination in our state and only a very few who have had severe reactions (but there's only about 2 million of us). It's only just starting, with a couple of hundred new cases per day, but we currently have only 2 people in hospital and none in ICU. My modelling predicts 5000 cases per day on around 27th of March (let's see how accurate that is).

We are ramping up contact tracing, and many infection sites don't get reported because all contacts have been accounted for. A majority of people are wearing masks when outside, even though they are only required when indoors (other than home).

Friends of ours on the east coast got it, and spent a few weeks without taste or smell, and feeling pretty rotten -- they're young and healthy. My wife and I share a couple of co-morbidities between us, and while we are concerned about catching it, we've done all we can to reduce its impact.

Our health system is offering pulse oxymeters and medical support to anyone with significant co-morbidities who test positive so they can recover at home and not clog up hospitals. The advice is that for "mild" cases you should not go to hospital, and "mild" symptoms are still pretty severe (like breathlessness on exertion).

Medical people (friends) on the East coast who have been through this stage with a far less vaccinated community think we'll be in a great position to ride this through -- certainly compared to them.