Maker Pro
Maker Pro

433 MHz Single channel transmitter and receiver

Tonymura

Jul 25, 2021
Hi guys

Simple question to ask anyone here in regards to a unit I purchased yesterday out of the spare of the moment.

I purchased this from ebay

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/202947525281?hash=item2f409d7aa1:g:geAAAOSwvwFeIAB7&frcectupt=true

It is a 433 mhz single channel transmitter and receiver unit.

My question is.....does this come pre-programmed already inside or will i need to purchase a separate UNO Arduino micro controller to program it.

Would anyone know.

Thank you in advance.

Tonymura

Jul 25, 2021
You'll need 2 Arduino micros, one for tx one for rx.

There is another option.......ready to go
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/393601322506
Thank you for the reply.

This is what i want answered. ( please view my first post here )
I have purchased one of each transmitter and receiver.
My question is.... does these two items come already pre programmed or do i need to program it.

bertus

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,

The modules are "dumb" modules and the transmitter will sent a signal when the input is high.
The receiver will have a high output when the transmitter is active and follow the signal pattern.
The units are using OOK (On-Off_Keying) for sending the information.

BTW I do not answer in PM's as that goes by the intention of the forum, sharing information to all.

Bertus

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
I have purchased one of each transmitter and receiver.

Yes, and you will need an Arduino for each unit as I already quoted.
Any will do, a pro mini, a uno or nano.
There are also many other uc's that will suffice.
The Arduino modules come with a blink program installed just to show they are working.
The bare 328 chip for example will need a few other components.
You will need to program whatever it is you want to transmit and receive.
If it is a simple on off, then the other units I linked to will do the job out of the box so to speak.
There are many Arduino programs and how to's out there, just do a Google.

Tonymura

Jul 25, 2021
If it is a simple on off, then the other units I linked to will do the job out of the box so to speak.

too late now i already purchased it. ( read my first post what would i do with the units that i just purchased....rubbish bin them! )

Yes I am quiet aware there are all sorts of devices out there on the market that can do a simple on and off switch

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
too late now i already purchased it. ( read my first post what would i do with the units that i just purchased....rubbish bin them! )

If a couple of dollars is going to kill the bank then aux gear needed to get them working is going to be a real downer.
Do like most do and put it in the experimental bag of bits.
Will come in handy one day.

Seems you know it all so I'll leave you to it.
Good luck.

Tonymura

Jul 25, 2021
Seems you know it all so I'll leave you to it.

If i knew the answer i wouldnt be asking this question in the first place.
You are very insistive that i need to go and purchase the item you posted in your reply

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
My question is.....does this come pre-programmed already inside or will i need to purchase a separate UNO Arduino micro controller to program it.
The modules you bought are transmitter and receiver only. No programming required (not even possible). What these will do: activate the transmitter and the receiver will output an active signal. De-activate the transmitter and the receiver will output an inactive signal.
What these signals do is entirely up to you. You may use the modules as suggested by the advertisement's title to add RF-communication between two Arduinos. Or you may simply use the modules to activate a relay.

What is your application? How do you want to use these modules? Knowing the use case is very helpful in giving helpful replies.

just purchased....rubbish bin them!
May I suggest that next time you ask first, then decide to buy? That way you may receive valuable information before you spend money for nothing.

shumifan50

Jan 16, 2014
Using these modules to communicate sensibly will require some form of intelligence like a microcontroller for sending and receiving. You would also need to implement some protocol to ensure reliable coms as these modules are typically very sensitive to interference. You will then need to transmit a binary representation of the characters or data you wish to send by deciding that turning the xmit on will be a one bit while turning it off will be a zero bit. The periods for this will need to by timed and synchronised and wiil need some sort of start sequence and terminated with at least a checksum to ensure correct reception

Tonymura

Jul 25, 2021
The modules you bought are transmitter and receiver only. No programming required (not even possible).
What is your application? How do you want to use these modules? Knowing the use case is very helpful in giving helpful replies.

May I suggest that next time you ask first, then decide to buy? That way you may receive valuable information before you spend money for nothing.

Beautifully quoted this is all i needed answered ( no programming required. )
In regards to what i had this planned for ....unfortunately for me this unit will not meet the application that i had in mind. ( as its basically an on and off switch....to how well it will work and preform?...well this needs to be seen, but for what i have read on the internet and seen on Youtube it not be the best preforming unit out there.

Oh what is it for .
I wanted to be able to control a RC surfboard
My application would need to be variable that is the motor speed needs to be ramped up gradually and switch off once released.
I couldnt start this post here as i wasn’t sure on how to word it.
I still dont know how to word it.
The RC unit that i need, requires to be able to be variable as i have plans to build the unit to fit in the palm of my hand. I have started already the 3D model using fusion 360 and was planning to encase the transmitter once printed out.
ok how would i word this unit...hmm i still dont know.
putting up a thread here and not being able to explain my application would only cause confusion to all and not be very helpful to others trying to help me out.

Last edited:

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
There are plenty of examples of building your own rc systems.
Some use the NRF24L01 units with Arduino and some use the higher power modules.
Either way, it depends on range requirements for which there are legal limitations.

Then there is the ready built rc systems such as Flysky where one can get a 6 channel Tx and a variety of receivers for as little as US$50.
They have terrific range as well as built in telemetry and software update support as well as mods for extra channels and other modifications.
One would wonder why bother building your own really.
Those 2 bob modules you have there are not worth a cracker for rc system control.

Tonymura

Jul 25, 2021
There are plenty of examples of building your own rc systems.
Some use the NRF24L01 units with Arduino and some use the higher power modules.
Either way, it depends on range requirements for which there are legal limitations.

Then there is the ready built rc systems such as Flysky where one can get a 6 channel Tx and a variety of receivers for as little as US$50.
They have terrific range as well as built in telemetry and software update support as well as mods for extra channels and other modifications.
One would wonder why bother building your own really.
Those 2 bob modules you have there are not worth a cracker for rc system control.

Totally agree
why would you even bother building one
having said i still dont like the bulkish style gripper handle transmitter units that are out there on the market.
they are still way to big for my liking
I was hoping to have one small enough that fits in the palm of my hand
this is really what i want
would you know any? or recommend me anything out there or a website that would tailor for such a smaller unit.
The range of the signal only needs to be a few meters. Thats all i need.

shumifan50

Jan 16, 2014
Look ar espressif esp processors that combine wifi and processor in one chip. Libraries are available as well as examples for many applications. Furthermore it needs minimal external component and has very low standby current requirements. It allows programming in many languages and many development platforms. It allows a very small footprint product.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
FSi6 and receiver.....small form factor
https://www.banggood.com/FlySky-FS-...-iA6B-Receiver-for-RC-FPV-Drone-p-983537.html

https://www.banggood.com/Radiolink-...Support-S-BUS-PPM-for-RC-Drone-p-1488672.html

Other than that you could use your phone as a Tx and bluetooth to an Arduino etc. for only a few metres range.
Only problem with this video is the motors should NOT be powered from the Arduino 5v but rather via a separate battery (NOT a smoke alarm battery as shown ) ....and common the ground connections.

Last edited:

Tonymura

Jul 25, 2021
FSi6 and receiver.....small form factor
https://www.banggood.com/FlySky-FS-...-iA6B-Receiver-for-RC-FPV-Drone-p-983537.html

https://www.banggood.com/Radiolink-...Support-S-BUS-PPM-for-RC-Drone-p-1488672.html

Other than that you could use your phone as a Tx and bluetooth to an Arduino etc. for only a few metres range.
Only problem with this video is the motors should NOT be powered from the Arduino 5v but rather via a separate battery (NOT a smoke alarm battery as shown ) ....and common the ground connections.

That looks good. Its not really that big of a unit and i read the spec, that it has a range or up to 2000 meters in the sky
Thats very impresive, i must say.
wow you can fly your rc gagets to the moon with this sort of a distance. lol

Last edited:

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Actually it can be a lot further than that depending on the environment.
iforce2d ran it out close to 5klm.
The one he used was a 6x but essentially the same tx as the i6.

Tonymura

Jul 25, 2021
Hi again guys, how are we all doing

Today i finally received by mail my tx and rx modules

i need to ask a question here preferably as i think you all are more experienced rather than Google up some other person circuit diagram that I am not really sure of so i can connect up the power and switches to get this to work as best as possible to my advantage or how would I phrase it…allow the best possible setup that will maximise the use of these devices.

I did find something on the internet but i am not very sure if this is the best option for me to start this project.

Any advice here please….im all ears….thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 433 mhz rx and tx modules.jpg
    433 mhz rx and tx modules.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 7
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited: