Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Any Canadians figure out the shipping cost problem?

TomB19

Dec 21, 2021
I received two packages of components in December (mostly caps). One had four caps (very small), from Mouser. I was billed an additional $32 CAD brokerage after the package was delivered. The other had a bunch of caps, (some big) from DigiKey. The package was the size of half ream of paper. FedEx billed me $84CAD to broker that one.

Obviously, I need to order in larger batches. Has anyone figured out a solution. Perhaps using Global Ship, like we can use on eBay to keep the cost reasonable?

I didn't have a shipping option in either case but I might be able to find a relay service.

I just paid $54 CAD for shipping and brokerage on a box the size of a deck of playing cards with $4.25 worth of caps in it. Suffice to say, I'm wide open to ideas. lol!

Thoughts?

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
I am located in Canada.
I receive Digikey shipments regularly, P/P is only $8.00 up to $100 after that it is free.
It is at my door next day air and no brokerage or extras.
Anyone else, I tell them I clear my own customs and attend the local CBS office and fill in a B3.

TomB19

Dec 21, 2021
How do you select parcel post? My only choice is FedEx.

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
How do you select parcel post? My only choice is FedEx.
I don't select anything, Digikey take care of what shipper they use, I believe it is FedEx over night for me, $8.00 under $100. order, free over $100, no brokerage .
It has been this way for years, unless they just changed things within the last couple of months, but it still looks the same?