Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Custom Dog underground shock collar

Cryptolazer

Jan 7, 2022
Hello I am new to custom electronics and I would like to make a shock collar for my dogs the collars made by petsafe are cheaper and not as effective as before and I need to make one for my stubborn German Shepard. I have absolutely no idea where to start so any assistance would be helpful. If at all possible I would like to use the original underground fence I do not recall the frequency it works on.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Just my two cents:
I'm not in favor of punishing a dog by electric shock. Mostly it seems it is not the dog who is to blame for behavior. There are so many dog trainer videos and TV shows that I come to think that with the right training of dog and owner such a device is not necessary.

Nanren888

Nov 8, 2015
In some systems there is an audible training warning that sounds before the point that any shock is administered. The association rapidly becomes that the activity should stop on the warning without the shock being administered.
Pavlov style, I too would tend preferntialy towards positiive reinforcement rather than negative.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
In some systems there is an audible training warning that sounds before the point that any shock is administered. The association rapidly becomes that the activity should stop on the warning without the shock being administered.

Same as the jiggers they used to use on racehorses....they too were illegal.

WHONOES

May 20, 2017
NO, No No, No. If you don't know how to train your dog without using barbaric methods then find a trainer who does.
Look up Graeme Paul who has a series on British TV called "Dogs behaving badly". The program deals with owners who don't know how to control their dogs.