Maker Pro
Maker Pro

clothes washer don't work, troubleshooting manual wtw5500xw0 cabrio

paulmars

Aug 30, 2016
When started the standby and lid lock LEDs light. Lid does lock. That's all. No water, no spin, no nothing. Lid will unlock and its LED goes off after a few minutes.

All LEDs work.

Inside case was service tech repair manual. I was able to enter all the Diagnostic test modes.

In the manual test mode I was not able to get it into either spin or either agitation modes. These four test modes require the lid lock LED to light (along with other LEDs). These four test modes are the only manual test modes that require the lid lock LED to lite. So, I never saw the lid lock LED lite in manual test mode. It does light when the unit is in run mode, as previously mentioned. So, I can't enter manual test mode for spin or agitation. Note that I went ahead and did the spin and agitation tests (3a & 3b on pg 13 & 14) and unit passed all the spin and agitation tests listed, except some tests require entering spin and or agitation manual test mode, which i cant, as previously mentioned.

In the fault code display mode showed shifter fault. Unit passed all the shifter tests listed (3a pg 13), except some tests require entering spin and or agitate manual test mode, which i cant, as previously mentioned.

In the software version display mode shows version as 10.10.10 (2nd and 4th LEDs)

Ideas?

tks,
paul

paulmars

Aug 30, 2016
Typo. In 1st line of my original post, i said standby, but meant sensing

gears47

May 12, 2020
Paul,
If you go into the 3rd site from my previous post you will see how to check to see whether you have a blocked or faulty inlet valve.
This site shows 5 common problems that are associated with your washer model.
Regards gears47

paulmars

Aug 30, 2016
First time I see that mentioned..........
I guess when I mentioned that i could enter manual test mode, then listed 4 tests that I could not perform I just presumed that ppl would understand that the other tests were successful. My mistake.