Maker Pro
Maker Pro

I Want to Create a Revolutionary Table Fan!

Simply Me

Apr 24, 2022
What are your Advices regarding the materials needed for a Fan? Please Note that I am a beginner.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
What’s a revolutionary fan?
Will it have fan blades?
Battery powered or mains?
Plastic or metal?
Super duper circuitry to auto switch on?
Speed settings?
I’m afraid you’ll have to give us more details of your planned fan.

Martin

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Revolutionary as in extraordinary, new? Or revolutionary as in rotating?

Simply Me

Apr 24, 2022
I am New to electronics and electrical field. So to start with, I am trying to make 1/10th energy consumption fan compared to a BLDC Fan.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
New to electronics and have no idea which materials to use?
Do you have any idea how you are going to reduce the power dissipation?
Professionals in the field would be happy if they achieved a 10 % reduction! Your goal is 90 % without knowing how to go about it? Good luck.

Simply Me

Apr 24, 2022
I must learn from the scratch but my goal will always be higher. I Hope to be the leader in the field for next 5 years. I know it's hard but my mind says to go for it. I hope this forum helps me gain knowledge. Thank you in advance!

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Nothing wrong with a dream but you need physics, science, math and electronics to achieve yours.
And to be a leader in the field within 5 years? You better start studying.

Martin

Simply Me

Apr 24, 2022
I said I want to be the leader in the market for 5 years. Not 5 years time taken to achieve this goal. I don't know how much time I will take to achei e this goal. Thank you

Can you tell me minimum budget to make this possible? I know it depends but still a rough amount

Last edited by a moderator:

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
So.... 'we' provide all the technical details, offer design ideas and, potentially, creatre a new device that you can exploit and make money from?

Errrr...... no.

Show us your working so far.

Simply Me

Apr 24, 2022
I didn't ask help for entire work. Since I am a beginner I just need to know the basics and know how to get started

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
I didn't ask help for entire work. Since I am a beginner I just need to know the basics and know how to get started
Ever heard of a company called 'Dyson'? Look them up.

They have $millions dedicated to research, thousands of people doing it and decades of experience - yet you expect, as an uneducated (in electronics) person with zero skills and zero funds to 'beat them to the next revolution in table fans'..?

I hate to rain on your parade but you don't seem to have a grasp of the basic concepts - not just of the electronics that may be involved but the concepts of research, investment, development, design, manufacture etc etc - but stay with me......

Perhaps your aims are rather too high and need to be brought down to something a bit more reasonable and/or achievable?

This obviously isn't what you hoped to find by coming here and we are loathed to bring you down to earth in this way but just as with giving advice on electronics we also have to factor in advice on practicalities such that we don't allow enthusiasm to overtake ability which can not only result in great danger but, more worryingly, end in abject disappointment and disillusion.

By all means, if you have ideas on how you think such a project could work then explore them with us where we can give useful advice - but please don't expect to receive false encouragment as this would give the forum a real bad name.

If we had all the answers you seek then we wouldn't be here anyway - we'd be lounging on a tropical island surrounded by 'nice sights' and lots of booze, living off the proceeds of our smartness!

So - start by telling us about your education, your current knowledge of electronics, your age, any plans for expanding your knowledge as well as any ideas you have on the actual aims of your project.

Simply Me

Apr 24, 2022
I am a noob in electronics. Didn't yet started to learn electronics. I am 28 years old. I passed bachelor's in commerce a few years ago. I am an Indian. A keralite. I watch a lot of business stories of people from my state in YouTube (channel name: spark stories). I came to know about an engineer who started a company and made it big. That video was good. I liked it. I started dreaming of becoming an entrepreneur plus an inventor someday. Nothing wrong in dreaming. But now I want my dream to be fulfilled. So, I thought to stop dreaming and take actions. It is more important. But I am helpless. I don't know what to do. I am confused on how to start. Then I came to know that forums can help me to get started.

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
The typical fan to date has often been the AC induction motor with shaded pole, these run very hot and are inefficient.
I see there is already a company making them with ECM (PWM) motors which are very efficient and portable.
How are you going to make a product that is more efficient than a BLDC or 3ph driven ECM, both P.M. motors. ?

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
There is currently one particular manufacturer claiming their ceiling exhaust fans are more efficient that the mainstream brands.
We were never sucked into their claims but there were some of our customers who were.
We installed them as per requirements and found they were not worth a cracker.
Thing is, they made their money under misleading advertising, the customer is embarrassed and not worth the effort to chase up any claim, not that it would be worth it as it comes from that overseas mob.
Lately I noticed the wholesalers not stocking them any longer.

Best approach I suggest is go back and study the fact that it takes a certain amount of energy to produce a certain outcome and most times the only saving to be had would be in reducing losses.
As this is not a perfect world, these losses can only be reduced at a cost.
When a fan might draw 60w total and runs for limited amounts each day on average, is it really worth the effort.