Maker Pro
Maker Pro

TSOP and 555-timer circuit to turn on LED with IR remote control

runjoh

May 7, 2022
Hi!
I was browsing youtube and stumbeld across this video of a circuit with a TSOP and a 555-timer that turned on a LED with a IR remote control. This is the video:
I was interested to try it out and it worked perfectly! The problem I have is that i don't understand how it works and the creator of the video does not explain it. I would like to know how and why this circuit works.
I have also uploaded the circuit schematics I made (sorry if it's bad).
Thanks!

Attachments

• circuit_TSOP.JPG
    circuit_TSOP.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 18

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
What about the rest of the circuit?
Didn't look for too long as it is drawn in an unconventional manner and difficult to see what goes where.
Only resolve would be to look upo spec sheet on the IR and redraw circuit correctly and go from there....busy today.

runjoh

May 7, 2022
Didn't look for too long as it is drawn in an unconventional manner and difficult to see what goes where.
Only resolve would be to redraw correctly and go from there....busy today.
Ok, i'll try my best! Thanks

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
The video has no parts list (which of the many TSOP ICs is used or which one is available in India?). It also has no schematic.
It will probably work with a TSOP1738 (look at its datasheet) and there are many circuits on the web that explain about an LM555 used as a set-reset latch. Do you know how transistors work? Do you know how to carry solder around on the dirty tip of a soldering iron like that guy in India?