Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Astable multivibrator circuit making me astable

wingnut

Aug 9, 2012
Apparently LTspice does not like potmax/10 as part of the .step command.

If you want a 3-terminal potentiometer model, I can download the one I have.
Please Crutshow, could you download the files. Thanks again.

crutschow

May 7, 2021
Attached below:
I had to add the .txt suffix so I could attach the files here, so remove that when you put them in the folders.

The .asy file goes in the \sym folder, and the .sub file goes in the \sub folder.

Attachments

• pot.asy.txt
    710 bytes · Views: 1
  • pot.sub.txt
    193 bytes · Views: 1

wingnut

Aug 9, 2012
Attached below:
I had to add the .txt suffix so I could attach the files here, so remove that when you put them in the folders.

The .asy file goes in the \sym folder, and the .sub file goes in the \sub folder.
Thanks so much Crutschow. After restarting LT Spice the pot works. Yay, this is my first time using pot!!

Last edited:

crutschow

May 7, 2021
After restarting LT Spice the pot works.
Great.
In case you are not aware, you can change/step the wiper value as desired, to move the wiper from one end of the pot resistance to the other.

wingnut

Aug 9, 2012
Great.
In case you are not aware, you can change/step the wiper value as desired, to move the wiper from one end of the pot resistance to the other.
I do understand how to manipulate the wiper value. Thanks once again.

upload_2022-8-2_5-41-19.png

crutschow

May 7, 2021
Great.
It will step to 0, so you don't need to use 0.0001 (unless you want to).

So why are they culling Cape Town's baboons (I assume you mean the animal, not some idiot humans)?

wingnut

Aug 9, 2012
Great.
It will step to 0, so you don't need to use 0.0001 (unless you want to).

So why are they culling Cape Town's baboons (I assume you mean the animal, not some idiot humans)?
Thanks for asking about Cape Town's baboons Crutschow. Yes we are blessed to have a troop of about 60 real baboons which hang out around our houses. Blessed in the sense of not having to pay to go to a game reserve, but rather having the animals come to us. In Cape Town it is considered un-pc to call people baboons, verging on hate speech - and culling humans is definitely frowned upon.

The troop number stays at 60. But there are only about 2 adult males at any time, the rest being females and juveniles. Doing the maths, the authorities are obviously culling all the males as they become mature before they disperse, causing widespread havoc. For a poor country we spend R30 million ($2 million) a year on baboon monitors who chase these 60 baboons from houses. For that money I believe we could buy the baboons an electric fenced farm, where males and females could live happily ever after, monkeying about.