Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Drone Chip Repair question

KevinB12

Aug 20, 2022
Hi, I need to replace a burnt out component on a drone circuit board (see image) I had a few questions, what is the name for the component? is it generic and can I rip one from another board? are there any videos on how to remove and replace such things?

thank you for taking to time to read this,

Attachments

• 20220820_125420.jpg
    20220820_125420.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 7

narkeleptk

Oct 3, 2019
Its probably a somewhat common part but your picture is not clear. What are the markings on the other components beside it?

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi, I need to replace a burnt out component on a drone circuit board (see image)

all 4 transistors are destroyed ( obvious when in the zoomed view of the circuit) ... just that one of them is worse than the others
They appear to be associated with the motor driver circuitry

As to what they are ... type / part number, you would ....
1) contact the manufacturer ... maybe get a full replacement board ... they are unlikely to supply individual parts
2) see if they would provide a circuit schematic
3) at minimum, see if they would give you the transistor part number -- then you would go to a component
supplier like mouser, digikey etc and see if it was available for purchase

Do you have a friend with the same drone ?
maybe they could open their drone and get the part number for you

the above is pretty much your only choices

cheers
Dave

KevinB12

Aug 20, 2022
Hi, I need to replace a burnt out component on a drone circuit board (see image) I had a few questions, what is the name for the component? is it generic and can I rip one from another board? are there any videos on how to remove and replace such things?

thank you for taking to time to read this,
Im getting magnifying glass tomorrow and Hoping they are printed on. it kinda looks like they might be but my eyes and phone are not that good.

KevinB12

Aug 20, 2022
all 4 transistors are destroyed ( obvious when in the zoomed view of the circuit) ... just that one of them is worse than the others
They appear to be associated with the motor driver circuitry

As to what they are ... type / part number, you would ....
1) contact the manufacturer ... maybe get a full replacement board ... they are unlikely to supply individual parts
2) see if they would provide a circuit schematic
3) at minimum, see if they would give you the transistor part number -- then you would go to a component
supplier like mouser, digikey etc and see if it was available for purchase

Do you have a friend with the same drone ?
maybe they could open their drone and get the part number for you

the above is pretty much your only choices

cheers
Dave
Are you saying that because of the bumpy surface? They had a sticky thermal pad on them and some residue is still on them. If you still say they are burnt out I will replace them all.

You are correct that they are associated with the motor. I'm hopping they are just generic on of transistors but i'm sure that is wishful.

thanks for the advice,

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Are you saying that because of the bumpy surface? They had a sticky thermal pad on them and some residue is still on them.

OK .... ummm that may be all it is then ... you need to clean off the gung (CAREFULLY) and see if you can see any part number markings on them