Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Crop circles. Easy reading

HANKMARS

Jul 28, 2019
This thread is more so destined for the Twilight Zone section but I was denied access to that forum. No biggy.
Since 1972, somewhere around the introduction of the rotary Wankel internal combustion engine, I decided to lay down plans for an internal combustion engine which possessed nearly no reciprocating factors. Mechanical parts in this design are at zero recip but when it came to producing an electric arc for fuel ignition, I found no other method than producing a magnetic field and then collapsing that field to induce a high voltage in an ignition coil secondary winding. A form of reciprocating action. This could perhaps be remedied with a magneto type of spark production. The advantage to have no reciprocating mechanical parts is having the added ability to reach extreme rpms. Typically "valve float" would be a problem with the Wankel. When the valves begin to "float" they neither fully close or fully open. This causes the ignition chamber to not have positive confinement of fuel bubble and also limits exhaust through put. Although some turbine engine techs consider a turbine engine an "internal combustion" engine, I do not. The advantage to having a confined fuel bubble is evident when only low range rpm are needed. With positive confinement, "lugging" power is still achievable at low rpm. Say, 500 to 1600 rpm. Low rpm conserves fuel and adds less fatigue to components. As greater power is needed rpm can be run up to 50,000 rpm and greater. Max rpm is limited only by the willingness of materials to stay intact and not succumb to centripetal force.
Now here is where I get in trouble with men dressed as the Good Humor man. Anytime I were to start drafting parts, or milling mock-up parts for this machine, crop circles seemed to start appearing across the globe as if someone was sending their solutions to my problems. So I'm giving fair warning and early apologies to my farmer friends as I am dusting off my old plans and resuming design criteria of this device.
This is indeed more of a physics topic but the ones I collaborate with are very impatient and demand to know what exotic alloys I will use that will stretch and warp accordingly to the extreme rpms that I project can be reached, and are quick to condemn my designs. That is why I am presenting this notion to a more analytical and free thinking crowd here. Electronics professionals seem to more readily accept the fact that final designs are created on the floor and not the drafting table. Like the title says, Easy reading. No biggy. I have no disillusions of monetary grandeur and all my plans are open source and this is a collaborative effort.
Questions and suggestions are welcome. As Rod Serling would say, "Submitted for your consideration." See you back at the laughing farm. Marshall.

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
Electronics professionals seem to more readily accept the fact that final designs are created on the floor and not the drafting table.
Maybe. Perhaps. Possibly. Who knows? But are you seeking advice/approval/constructive criticism/whatever from electonics enthusiasts for non-electronic projects?

HANKMARS

Jul 28, 2019
Maybe. Perhaps. Possibly. Who knows? But are you seeking advice/approval/constructive criticism/whatever from electonics enthusiasts for non-electronic projects?
Advice and suggestions are safe answers. As of late, the cylinder related part of this engine, which I refer to as the anvil, and the piston related part, which I refer to as the hammer, are going magnetic. This will surely bring things into the realm of electronics.

HANKMARS

Jul 28, 2019
Oh, also, when I resume work on this project, if the creation of crop circles explodes, I want full responsibility plus the emails of those creating the circles.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Erm, this isn’t twighlight zone territory. The RX7 was rotary. I also happen to know that police Volvos were fitted with rotaries. Those cars flew and the RPM’s never ceased until deceased. Most RX7’s are deceased now due to Rolling road horse power antics. These dyno’s are great at killing £thousands in 60 seconds.
The crop circles were blown away when the individuals came forward and showed their primitive board and string techniques. I remember the hype.

Martin

HANKMARS

Jul 28, 2019
Wankel's don't have valves........ which is why they rev to stupid levels (as compared to the usual ICE).
You are correct and I am mistaken. Perhaps I was thinking of the injectors, which I now do not think would be that much of a problem. I am under the impression that turbine engines use injectors. Hence, when observing chem trails, one sees the spread out substance as lines across the sky. Not to be confused with the feather effect which is a nature atmospheric happening and quite beautiful. I have seen the feather effect only twice. And yes Virginia, chem trails do exist. No way will I ever find my papers from fifty years ago to retrace my thinking on the Wankel. Thanks for the tip on the no valve matter.

HANKMARS

Jul 28, 2019
Erm, this isn’t twighlight zone territory. The RX7 was rotary. I also happen to know that police Volvos were fitted with rotaries. Those cars flew and the RPM’s never ceased until deceased. Most RX7’s are deceased now due to Rolling road horse power antics. These dyno’s are great at killing £thousands in 60 seconds.
The crop circles were blown away when the individuals came forward and showed their primitive board and string techniques. I remember the hype.

Martin
Those were a couple of busy guys. I'm sure they laid down some circles which were easily identified as fake but their efforts at celeb status will not explain the greater occurrence of circles. Do some more investigation before writing off crop circles as hoax. Or not. Some info, some that is, is quite interesting. I'm growing fond of the taste of crow so do let me know if you find empirical evidence of 100 percent fraud.

HANKMARS

Jul 28, 2019

Martin
Tesla boasts a car, 0 to 60 in 1.9 seconds. Says they have plans which will chew that down to 1.1 seconds. Buckle up!

HANKMARS

Jul 28, 2019
Tesla can go from zero to whatever in zero seconds as far as I'm concerned. When it can go 450 miles on a single charge and recharge in under 5 minutes get back to me.
One lightning strike coming up !

HANKMARS

Jul 28, 2019
Tesla can go from zero to whatever in zero seconds as far as I'm concerned. When it can go 450 miles on a single charge and recharge in under 5 minutes get back to me.
I have to admit that they have a good ruse going convincing people that electricity bubbles up out of the ground like crude oil. ( I am aware that crude does not generally "bubble up" to the surface, but then again, I follow the school of thot that oil is constantly being created within the Earth, so.....)