Maker Pro
Maker Pro

passive gate chain amplifier

dragon

Oct 31, 2022
So ive got a cool new design here, I think I know there is a way to passively amplify things, and its via repeating the signal in a chain, and then i fan it all in together to get 1x amp for every repetition of the chain.

I do it via opening the next gate with the last gate, so each time i open a gate, I only need the same amount of power that opened me from the one before, each time. And then its just a matter of getting it to not overconduct when bringing them all together onto the 1 wire.

In this design, I require a new power supply for each repetition of the signal in the gain, which I get in the form of opening a passive gate by backwashing a capacitor two ways, the tricky thing being the power supplies/sources go in series with each other, (they are attracted to the opposite poles of the other supplies) so theres a wire pathway in there used to divert away from this happening.

The output I'm getting out of it isnt 100% perfect, but I think its working, but I have only tested it visually, I need to test it with a speaker to know for sure its actually working properly.

A cool thing is if you could amplify with just capacitors alone, and only running a small amount of current spread out of its resistors, then u can amplify at extremely cool temperatures, without it heating up like transistor amps do.

Here is the hand drawn sketch schematic->

pasamp.png

The supplies should be set at the peak signal voltage.
As you can see maybe, the signal opens the first gate,
which then the a supply opens the gate for the b supply,
and the output is coming out of the diversion, and is
on the inverted state of the open gate. (it happens when
they are closed.) They both open together, and close
together.
If the signal is 1 volt, then all the gates to open are 1 volt,
then they fan in together to get the total amplification.

But there is something wierd about it, its not increasing volts its increasing amps, but thats just as good, if u put a high voltage in with a high resistance, then these will add up to an effective lower resistance, just u need crank the volts into it for it to work, but that would still be possible to do to use it.

Last edited:

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
Using just passive components you can amplify pulsed voltage or pulsed current, but you can't amplify both at the same time, since output energy is always less than input energy.

dragon

Oct 31, 2022
You actually dont need to, just increasing only one is an increase in power already.

This operates by not increasing either, all I do is open up a gate, which opens another gate which opens another gate, they only are used to open 1 other gate each per input of repetition of the signal, and i use the state of closed to output the power, so im either opening, or im delivering power, not at the same time, so it adds up perfect.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
You actually dont need to, just increasing only one is an increase in power already.
No, it isn't. Power = Current × Voltage.
When you increase one but decrease the other, power is not increased. Since any conversion of energy brings with it losses (efficiency is lways <100 %), the resulting output power is less than the input power, as stated by @Alec_t .

dragon

Oct 31, 2022
No, it isn't. Power = Current × Voltage.
When you increase one but decrease the other, power is not increased. Since any conversion of energy brings with it losses (efficiency is lways <100 %), the resulting output power is less than the input power, as stated by @Alec_t .

Oh I didn't know you meant it decreased as it increased, I thought Alec just meant increase and the other stayed the same.

This circuit of mine doesn't work by converting energy in the form of a transformation, all it does is open up the next battery, which opens up the next battery how it works. There could be loss as it goes, but it would be near 99% how much it gets each time.

dragon

Oct 31, 2022
I think I just improved it to run off a single power supply, from a parallel cap charge, My issue was the gate caps discharge on the "rail" I fix it by adding some extra caps to it, its a fluke it made out in the conduction to happen, I think its true that the test was valid, cause of the output I was getting.

See so many clues, what else is going on that you cant see?? (feel like sherlock holmes when u do it.)

I had to trace around the circuit, and test that a cap wasnt in a loop in the circuit, if those gate caps discharge whatsoever it cancels the effect of the gate.

Last edited:

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
I cannot find ANY "gates" on the posted schematic sketch. Also, how can any signal at all survive being applied through a one pF capacitor whose other terminal is connected to a power supply (A+ and B+) and to the A- supply through a one ohm resistor? IF there are "gates" somewhere, how fast and how often are they switched compared to the bandwidth of the signal that is allegedly "amplified" by the OP's circuit?

@dragon, please build your circuit and then upload screen captures of oscilloscope traces showing the input versus the output signal. Also, connect a loudspeaker and record and upload a short sound clip that demonstrates amplification of the input signal. I would do this AFTER filing for and receiving a patent on your circuit, since this would be a game-changing, world-revolutionary, development. OTOH, not revealing the all-important "gates" and how these are implemented may just be the only way to protect your intellectual property.

The only passive circuit I know of that can increase signal power is the magnetic amplifier. It requires both AC and DC power input to operate and produces an amplified low-bandwidth AC output signal of variable amplitude and phase. I thought these devices were truly magical until I understood magnetic hysteresis. The DC input "walks" the magnetic hysteresis curve to vary both the output amplitude and phase of the AC power input. Great for driving AC servo motors, which is where I first encountered magnetic amplifiers.

dragon

Oct 31, 2022
Yeh definitely game changer, it means you can make motor drivers just from sub 1c capacitors instead of transistors, and no semiconductors required for a computer!!! and capacitors dont heat up, only transistors do.
resistors still do, and probably more than a transistor, but the way they are spread out along all the separate batteries and theres no single resistor on the power output, they will all only be 2volt resistors!

The patent would have this on the start of it->
"Make a passive gate, which opens another gate, which opens another gate for as many gates as you want, and then the gates combine power on the closed state, so the power is used to open the gates, and when the gates aren't open the power goes to delivering the amplification."

Each gate is powered by its own power source, and the power source on each gate is used to open the next gate, and deliver the power when the gate is closed. the gates are all closed at the same time, and all open at the same time.

Thats how it works, its kinda a logic type amplifier, because this gate can also be used to do logic, each gate is an inverter, and the way it delivers all the power down one wire is the logic fanning in, and the way it has multiple sources of power combining, its a fan out if you leave them apart from each other.

So ive got fan in, fan out, and invert, and those 3 things make a computer, and it even can be analogue!

That magnetic amplifier is just a transformer I think! maybe transformers amplify and its a less known subject.

I tested the circuit some more, and I found it has a defect where it constantly opens the gate via a leak it has, which I can explain if u would want to know more, but Ive actually swapped the poles around and where I'm delivering the power and I think ive got rid of the problem... but I have to wire it up, its still only a sketch on my giant hd monitor.

So you guys want a practical test? I can do it, but I need to find a little speaker, because demonstrating audio amplification is easier than watching an led, so as soon as I find one, ill do the demo.

So ill disconnect the second power source, play the sound, then ill connect the second power source, and it should be twice as loud.

Last edited:

dragon

Oct 31, 2022
ok I put it in falstad with 3 power supplies, but it reckons theres a capacitor loop, I looked for it I cant see where it is its got to be a bug.

Attachments

• falstadfail.png
    falstadfail.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 3

dragon

Oct 31, 2022
Ok FALSTAD IS WRONG!!! Heavens! it is true, ive made it pull a stuff up, and it cant handle more than one power source at the same time!!!

That is NOT a valid 0 resistance loop error for the cap, because it has a power source, having the 3 power sources has confused the simulation, I bet he could fix it tho pretty easily, I wonder if they even care.

Attachments

• falstadfail.png
    falstadfail.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 4

dragon

Oct 31, 2022
I forgot to put resistors on the power supplies!!!
got it simulating!! it works!!! but it did something i didnt think!!

dragon

Oct 31, 2022
Using low ohmage voltage divider (1 ohm to 10ohm) instead of relay to show that the relay isn't cheating the situation.