Maker Pro
Maker Pro

matched impedance question

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Hehehehe....yes..mate of mine (Keith) worked in audio and tv for many years and laughed as he told me the story of some bloke who ripped out all his home hifi wiring to be replaced with "oxygen free".
Keith said how he was invited around to the rewired house to "hear the fantastic difference".

Keith wispered"I was dammed if I could hear anything different"....!!!!!

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
It's become an industry and commonly referred to (by engineers who know the truth) as 'Audiophoolery'.

I don't feel sorry for either side in that particular scam - a fool is easily parted from his (or her) money if you're a believer in Audiophoolery or... there's one born every minute (if you're a seller of Audiophoolery parts).

Quite frankly they deserve each other.

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
Keith wispered"I was dammed if I could hear anything different"
Guess that means neither you nor Keith have any "Golden Ears." Well, fer sure Keith doesn't.

Hmmm. Sorry for hi-jacking this thread (see post #11). We are a long way from determining how to find out if the refrigerator light goes out when the refrigerator door is closed! My favorite way to do that is to remove the light bulbs. I can never find what I am looking for in the 'fridge anyway, with or without interior light. Removing the light bulbs will save a little power (and maybe the planet!), too, unless someone forgets to close the refrigerator door.

Last edited: