Maker Pro
Maker Pro

how to go from one power source to many power sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragon

Oct 31, 2022
So I've only got one power supply, is there any way I can go from say "1 power supply" to "many power supplies" from the same power supply?

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Yes - purchase isolated voltage converters or, if you don't mind a common ground, cascade a load of voltage regulators. Power a load of small SMPS modules (China) etc. A lot depends on the capabilities of your existing PSU - which you don't specify.

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
So I've only got one power supply, is there any way I can go from say "1 power supply" to "many power supplies" from the same power supply?
You don't specify any requirements?
Voltage(s) current(s) etc??
I have done some thing under that general description with a Toroidal linear supply and some overwinds/secondary's.
You have the choice of shared commons or galvanically isolated.
Do you require regulation?

dragon

Oct 31, 2022
I would like it so they respond as if they were "different batteries", as apposed to coming out of one of them. A dc technique would be preferable, to using coils. but I do respect transformers and galvanic magnetic isolation, being a 100% true separate power source.
Photo couplers are true isolation too, how are voltage regulators a form of isolation?

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Photo couplers are true isolation too, how are voltage regulators a form of isolation?
That depends on how opto isolaters are used.
The same goes for any power supply , depends on the design and just what it is you are trying to achieve.
Be more specific and supply drawings of the required circuits involved.
Block diagrams will be fine for starters.
Otherwise you are quoting unnecessary design requirements...... basically talking out the top of you hat.

dragon

Oct 31, 2022
I just notice in my simming of late, one battery splitting off to all its power positions acts alot differently than if I start off all from separate distinct power sources. one isnt better than the other, but if u ever picked the latter, your stuck putting 100 batteries in the circuit and it makes it impractical, if there was a way to get all these distinct sources from 1 source it would solve my dillemma.

dragon

Oct 31, 2022
I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!

If I put more load onto every extra power source I need, as long as I dont exceed this by a tenth all the power entries from the battery act as if they were a separate battery, but there must be leak through the resistor!!!

Attachments

• correctdualpowersupply.png
    correctdualpowersupply.png
    28 KB · Views: 10

dragon

Oct 31, 2022
What does that schematic do?
I worked out, fairly by accident, that If u add a couple of resistors on the + and - for each battery, it will act like a separate battery as long as the load doesnt reach this resistance, if it does, the effect is cancelled.

Works for any amount of distinct (sortof, except for a resistor leak.) power sources!!! =)

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
I thought this was going to be an oscillating amplifier for magnitude and amplitude.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Dragon, as usual you provide no specific info in your posts
It results in everyonr guessing as to what the heck you are trying to achieve
Your schematic that you say ""I worked it out" hasnt worked out anything

Thread closed before you waste any elses time

Status
Not open for further replies.