Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Need help with ultrasonic cleaner

wags1985

May 23, 2023
Hi all !

I was hoping to get some advice here. I have a leveno ultrasonic cleaner. It has a heater and LED display. I bought this thing from a local online auction (mistake). Anyways its a brand new unit. I know its not the best out there but I've always wanted one. I went to use it the other day. Put water in it, alittle bit of cleaning solution. Set the temp, and the timer. I turned it on. It worked great for about 2 minutes, then the buzzing stopped. The timer also stopped counting down. I pressed the start button again and it ran for about 5 seconds and stopped again. That's what it does. Stops the cleaning after about 2 seconds. The LED display stays on. I took it apart and all the fuses are good. I looked closely at each part on the circuit board and everything looks fine. There is a circuit board where the electronic display attaches but I did not take that one off to look at it. I'm not an electronic repair person so I'm baffled at why this thing is shutting off. I inspected the round things that produce the ultrasonic waves and they seem to be securely attached to the tub. Does anyone have any ideas on why this might be happening?? Also any idea how much it might cost me to have this unit looked at by an electronic repairman?

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Sounds like you have a problem.
Only thing I wanted to say, is to check if your unit has a timer involved with that display.
It might be possible that you need to set the time, along with the heat.
I'd check the simplest stuff first.

wags1985

May 23, 2023
Yes it has a timer. I set the timer for 10 minutes. It got down to about 8 minutes left the first time when it shut off. Now it only runs for a few seconds before shutting off. Maybe there's a problem with the timer ???

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
This what I get for skimming your post, instead of actually reading that you have already set your timer.
Only other simple thing I can think of to check is if you have a pulse timer.
One ultrasonic cleaner I had would turn on and off at intervals, it was called a pulse ultrasonic cleaner.
It sure sounds like your unit is defective and would probably take someone knowledgeable in electronics to
check it out (although repair costs would probably exceed the unit cost).
If you received a manual with that new cleaner, (or can get one free on-line), I'd read it over carefully
and see if there's a reason and or troubleshooting fix that might apply to your situation.
Hope you are able to get your unit working properly.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Only other thing I can think of off the top of my head, is that the heater has a thermal cut-off.
I still believe the unit may be defective, but try reducing the heat and see what happens.
Yes, you may also be right that there's a problem with the controller board, but I always
try the simple tests first, before I go banging my head against the wall in frustration.

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
The brand of Ultrasonic cleaner is Vevor, not Leveno. Sorry.
Model number please. Can you post some photos since you've already opened it?
I bought this thing from a local online auction (mistake)
So there's no way to return the item?
Also any idea how much it might cost me to have this unit looked at by an electronic repairman?
$60 just to touch it. It comes with a 90-day warranty on any repairs, I would have conducted.(this is not a sales pitch, by the way) check around for repair shop that does give a warranty. It's common for the transducers responsible for the cavitation effect to fail. and guess what? they fail intermittently cuz the contacts would vibrate greater than 27,000 times a second.
For me a Sonicator,variable frequency and temperature & not being a hobbyist! Is indispensabel.

wags1985

May 23, 2023
I will take some pics later today. Also will check the connections to the transducer to see if anything seems loose.
Thanks!

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
As I said model number please!
It is dangerous to go poking around in there just a word of precaution I am what you call an expert.
An expert being something that I've done every which wrong way possible. Therefore... all that is left is the right way to do it. And that's really what you're paying for when you take it to a repair shop. Expertise!
:cool:

Last edited:

wags1985

May 23, 2023
here is a pic of the specs

Attachments

• PXL_20230523_172042787.jpg
    PXL_20230523_172042787.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 5

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
I'm working on your schematic
Standby I might not get to you tonight. :)

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
We are going to have to work off of your photos. Are you comfortable using a multimeter? I have to ask because I just don't know. :)