Maker Pro

Items by Sidecar Bob

An in wall subwoofer to add bass in 2 rooms
Sidecar Bob
Updated
Views
Among the stuff we removed from our late son's apartment were two subwoofers without the rest of the systems they belong to. I could have bought complete systems for less than the original parts to go with these but they were too good to throw out...
Sidecar Bob
Updated
Views
Reaction score
I've had this decade box for about half a century and it wasn't new when I got it. When I used it recently I realized that the resistors in it had drifted out of spec so it's time to rebuild it.
It's just a panel of randomly flashing LEDs that mimics props from old Sci-Fi movies & TV.
Sidecar Bob
Updated
Views
I'm revisiting a project I made a couple of years ago to improve the housing (& probably make it sound a bit better too).
A 1 day build of a digital millimeter for my bench.
Sidecar Bob
Updated
Views
My ancient Heathkit bench supply died a while ago so I bought one of the 30V 3A variable power supply kits like the link below that are all over eBay to replace/upgrade the insides of it with.
Sidecar Bob
Views
Reaction score
In our family we exchange homemade Xmas cards instead of gifts (much easier to get the right size &c). A few years ago I saw this video and shortly after I came across low voltage strings of LED Xmas lights in a January clearance and the cards my wife & I make haven't been the same since :D My part of the project starts with spray painting some of the folders we make the cards from and then waiting for instructions on where to put the lights. While I'm waiting I cut up a string or 2 of...