Maker Pro
Maker Pro

12v dc Audio Amplifier

Cookbot

May 24, 2011
Hello there, first post and all as I'm just getting back into the lectronics since I left school about 9 years ago. I'm building a car PC system, but the audio output from the pc to the car needs amplifying to be of any use as the volume on the headunit needs to be roughy double what it needs to be for the radio which defens you when you swap back to the radio or CD player.

Here is a diagram of what I already have available, can anyone point me in the direction of a good circuit diagram? 12v dc is available and it's a standard Left Right Ground audio cable which can be split.

Untitled-1.jpg

Thanks, Cookie

poor mystic

Apr 8, 2011
Hello Cookbot (smile)
You can use most modern digital votmeters to give you an idea of the voltage of the signals.
If you compare the voltage of the signal from the radio with the one from the CD player you might get a better idea of the problem. It's best to make these measurements while the system is running so that you're measuring the live signal, but failing that just get an idea of typical signal voltages on both lines when they're disconnected from the amplifier which I presume must be in the "head".
Typical solutions to this problem might be padding one signal down or amplifying the other signal up.

Last edited: