Maker Pro
Maker Pro

12v timed switch query

peter st

Jan 11, 2014
ok i am wanting to be able to press a switch and on pressing the switch a led to light up for about 1-3 seconds
then it to be reset to its former state ie so if i press the switch again same happens
im guessing the switch needs to abe a momentary switch but am not sure what to do after that

Last edited:

peter st

Jan 11, 2014
can i buy 1 of them of will i need to make it
i prefer buy lol but am not afraid of making if need be i have some perf board lying about

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Difficult to translate the broken Chinese/English but it appears the unit you show would start to operate when power was applied at the 2 terminal input.
You could use a pushbutton but you would have to hold it on for more than the time period.
You could use a toggle switch instead and simply turn off then on again for the next cycle.
Output could be either on or off as it appears to be a standard changeover relay.

If you make your own with a 555 timer, you can have power applied constantly, and "trigger" your 1-3 second pulse with a push button.
There is one particular circuit which inhibits the pulse when you first power the unit if this is an issue.
Many circuits around for this ......Talking Electronics is one.

peter st

Jan 11, 2014
ok can i build a monostable multivibrator on a perf board and any tips on building it
i would require the momentary switch and led to be off the board

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Probably....difficult to say as the link they provide doesn't show what they claim(circuit)
As I said before, plenty of free stuff at Talking Electronics with tutorials, books etc. explanations for all you need to know.

http://www.talkingelectronics.com/te_interactive_index.html

Run down the left side to 50 ... 555 timer circuits and on the main page to contents (below the pic of the book) and then monostable 555.