Maker Pro
Maker Pro

14 pin Relay socket from 1970's - want help to map out wire terminals

Kabelsalat

Jul 5, 2011
Hi.
Where I work, there are a facility that was made in the 1960's and that is still in use. It has being upgraded several times and I believe there was a massive upgrade in late 70's - at least according to wiring diagrams.

During a repair job on this facility I faced a problem (partly due to down-time is massive costly and not a real option) that a series of relays had no visible markings on the wire terminals seen from above (the only possible viewpoint due to tight space). We was supposed to utilize some relay contacts on existing relays that was not currently in use.
However, due to it being impossible (due to economical risk in case of inadvertent downtime) to remove any relay, and also having no such relay socket that isn't already in use - we was not able to just test what relay terminal number belonging to which screw terminal.

Side note : Was able to solve the issue another way not being dependent on using those particular relay contacts.

The question is - Was there any common way of mapping the screw terminals for this relay socket layout, relays probably bought in late 1970's ?
The relays have no marking that reveals company nor part name, and I also don't know the country manufactured in, but I guess Europa (since location are in Norway).
Also, due to space issue within the compartment I was not able to take any usable pictures that may reveal it's look.

But - I do remember it's layout seen from above, so I've drawn the screw terminal layouts and hope some of you guys happens to know this.

relay-socket-pins.png

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Cannot decypher your "connections" relative to your "diagram".
i.e. diagram shows four across whereas connections say 3.
Would have been a better approach to number the connections themselves....photo would be a big plus also.

However it might be 14,24,34 and 44 are common while the remainder are either normally open (say 11) or normally closed (say 12).
But.......maybe not.

Kiwi

Jan 28, 2013
7d96638acaf235f3f0c77aa34d58c047.jpg

784xdxm4l-24a_cd.jpg

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
I would have imagined in the Op's details, A1 and A2 would be the coil.
Whichever that might be.......