Maker Pro
Maker Pro

1993 Hitachi 1600a camcorder- Viewfinder not working

quinnn

Nov 28, 2021
I recently got a Hitachi 1600a VHS camcorder and I am unable to get the viewfinder to work. I hooked it up to a tv and was getting picture and even recorded onto a tape. Mechanically it works well, but the viewfinder isn't illuminated at all and re-plugging everything in doesn't change anything. I've looked for replacement parts or similar parts, but haven't found anything. I was just wondering if anybody knew some compatible parts or advice, all is appreciated :) thank you <3
p.s. I'm having trouble uploading images, but the little projector thingy says "5242112" and "P37"

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir quinnn . . . .
Need to know . . . . is that being an old FULL SIZE unit which takes a large VHS cassette, and is the monitor being a side mounted swing out screen to view and swing in to store OR I'm really expecting it to be . . . . a top mounted rectangular container , with a side, rubber boot *** cushioned eyepiece . . . . (***a la rifle scope) . . . .
And in case you have never seen it work . . . .its having a 1 inch kine scope inside, that you view black and white video on.

73's de Edd . . . . .

Last edited: