Maker Pro
Maker Pro

2 latching relays, 2 pushbuttons, 2 dc 5 Volt motors and 4 limit switches

CircutScoper

Mar 29, 2022
temp.GIF
Now, I am intrigued! You mean there is a solution to switch with only DIODES and ZERO relays?

Of course there is! Just use a DPDT toggle switch instead of push buttons and you need zero relays.

Last edited:

Holz1

Jul 19, 2022
View attachment 55701

Of course there is! Just use a DPDT toggle switch instead of push buttons and you need zero relays.
THANX!!. When I am finished with the 1st pcb with the relays I will try this circuit. As hobbyist there is a lot of knowledge I am missing but on the other hand I have a lot of qulities in other fields. I think this will compensate!
Greetings and thank you very much for yr effort. Keep you posted.
Harry

Holz1

Jul 19, 2022
Hello CircutScoper, Good morning. Both circuits are working fine. The 2-relay circuit which I have built and to be switched over GND is functioning without the 2 diodes (diodes on right-hand side of my diagram) I became aware that I had switched mistakenly the brown cable to the pin 1 of the 2nd relays and the black on pin 2 of the same relay. I corrected this and all is functioning as it should be.

As you mentioned before, building the circuit with 2 relays is cost-expensive, I thought it should do the job using an IC such as the L293 or the CD754410. See https://nathandumont.com/blog/h-bridge-tutorial
So, I will experiment with this IC. I read an article in which was indicated that connecting a potmeter to EN1 of the IC, you could reduce speed of the motor which is running to fast in comparison with the 2nd motor.
I keep you informed about the progression

Thanx again
Greetings Harry

CircutScoper

Mar 29, 2022
Hello CircutScoper, Good morning. Both circuits are working fine. The 2-relay circuit which I have built and to be switched over GND is functioning without the 2 diodes (diodes on right-hand side of my diagram) I became aware that I had switched mistakenly the brown cable to the pin 1 of the 2nd relays and the black on pin 2 of the same relay. I corrected this and all is functioning as it should be.

As you mentioned before, building the circuit with 2 relays is cost-expensive, I thought it should do the job using an IC such as the L293 or the CD754410. See https://nathandumont.com/blog/h-bridge-tutorial
So, I will experiment with this IC. I read an article in which was indicated that connecting a potmeter to EN1 of the IC, you could reduce speed of the motor which is running to fast in comparison with the 2nd motor.
I keep you informed about the progression

Thanx again
Greetings Harry

Congratulations on getting your circuits to work.

As for reducing the speed of one of the motors, you might consider a simpler solution as illustrated by D1 and D2 in the diagram below. If one diode pair didn't slow it enough, you can of course add more.

MoCkt.GIF