Maker Pro
Maker Pro

2 latching relays, 2 pushbuttons, 2 dc 5 Volt motors and 4 limit switches

Holz1

Jul 19, 2022
Good morning CS
After having installed the above mentioned circuits successfully, I encounter a new problem but now with a DPDT relay(not latching)
I made a drawing in which an Infrared gate switches a DPDT relay with 2 leds. The relay is triggered and the LED 1 turns on. When the IR gate is not triggered LED 2 is on. Instead of 2 LEDs, I like to have connected the DPDT relay with one (1) 5 Volt DC motor. Instead of LED 1 the motor turns CW and instead of LED 2 , the Motor is turning CCW.

I have tried a lot of possibilities with several diode-placings but I am not able to find the correct connections.
Can you please assist me with the correct diagram
greeting Harry

Attachments

• DPDT relays DC Motor.png
    DPDT relays DC Motor.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 2

Holz1

Jul 19, 2022
Like this....
Yes! I tried several possibilities as you can see in the enclosed PNG. The motor turns not both ways only in one direction.
The GREEN line is from the 2nd circuit and supplies 5 Volt DC permanent. The pins are for testing purposes and will be connected to the relay when I have the correct circuit.
The internal resistance of the motor is approx 10 Ohm.
The internal resistance of the DPDT relay is aprrox 70 Ohm

Attachments

• DPDT relay 2.png
    DPDT relay 2.png
    26 KB · Views: 3

Holz1

Jul 19, 2022
In addition to my previous post I have found also another detailed instruction which I can use.
However I await your response on my question how to connect the DPDT relay
Thanx in advance

Attachments

• BLUE POINT ENGINEERING DigitalLogic_Hbridge.pdf
    283.7 KB · Views: 1

CircutScoper

Mar 29, 2022
Yes! I tried several possibilities as you can see in the enclosed PNG. The motor turns not both ways only in one direction.
The GREEN line is from the 2nd circuit and supplies 5 Volt DC permanent. The pins are for testing purposes and will be connected to the relay when I have the correct circuit.
The internal resistance of the motor is approx 10 Ohm.
The internal resistance of the DPDT relay is aprrox 70 Ohm
Sorry, but I don't understand much of your diagram. However, this part seems definitely in error and would prevent the motor from running.
Suggested corrections attached.

Attachments

• temp.GIF
    temp.GIF
    7.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Holz1

Jul 19, 2022
Hello CS
I checked all the pins of the dpdt relay(COM, NO , NC). The relay does switch. I put some diodes between the connections and connected the motor. These connections don't give a short circuit anymore. (without diodes both LEDS were semi on, but not on/off) The leds on/off are working when IR gate is triggered and will fall back when the circuits switches back without motor .
The 5V permanent power is available in all situations. The motor is turning in only 1 direction and not ccw.
Enclosed is a sample of the dc motor.

Attachments

• 5 Volt DC gear motor.png
    5 Volt DC gear motor.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 1

Holz1

Jul 19, 2022
All these links (and more) I studied:

CircutScoper

Mar 29, 2022
Hello CS
I checked all the pins of the dpdt relay(COM, NO , NC). The relay does switch. I put some diodes between the connections and connected the motor. These connections don't give a short circuit anymore. (without diodes both LEDS were semi on, but not on/off) The leds on/off are working when IR gate is triggered and will fall back when the circuits switches back without motor .
The 5V permanent power is available in all situations. The motor is turning in only 1 direction and not ccw.
Enclosed is a sample of the dc motor.
Have you tried simply connecting the motor to the power supply directly -- both polarities?

Holz1

Jul 19, 2022
Yes. Motor works. As already stated, the motor turns cw when activated by IR gate through relay. Also connecting the + on 5 volt and - on gnd and VV.

CircutScoper

Mar 29, 2022
Then I'd need a complete schematic that shows clearly, in one diagram, how everything is connected including the IR sensors with spec's on the sensors, relay(s), diodes, etc.

Without at least that I doubt anyone here can help you. Certainly I can't.

Holz1

Jul 19, 2022
Thanx!
I think the problem lies in the current from the voltage supply generated by the driving circuit: it gives only 3 mA, whereas the current of the stabilized net supply is approx 60mA.
I connected the motor pins on both COM ports, pin NO-NC to GND, pin NC-NO on 5 V DC (=60mA), and IR gate triggered. Result it functions.
I have a lot of learning to do!!!!!