Maker Pro
Maker Pro

2230 Tektronix Scope handle removal

Ken Switzer

May 1, 2015
I am having trouble finding out how to remove the handle on my 2230 Tektronix scope. I am sure it is easy but it has me baffled at this time. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ken

HellasTechn

Apr 14, 2013
I think that the handle has a holding screw at each side but to reveal it you need to open the plastic that covers it.

that is the case on my 3012 scope. It might be similar for yours also.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Yeah, my Tekt scopes have a cover you have to pry off, over the holding screws.

Ken Switzer

May 1, 2015
Here are a few pictures I tool to show that I have tried to pry the center cap off but it seems to be made into the handle and not a cap at all. I took all the screws out but the outer case will not come off until the handle is removed. Any more suggestions? It is a good scope but hard for me to get into.
Thanks,
KenTektronix Scope Handle-3.jpg Tektronix Scope Handle-2.jpg

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Nuts, I gave you a bum scoop on the handle removal for the 2230.
I talked to the guy at my work that repairs Tekt scopes.
There is a single screw holding each side of the handle that is accessed from the inside.
Remove the bolts for the chasis housing on the rear of the housing, slide the entire scope assembly out the front of the chassis housing,
And then you can access the single bolt from the inside of the chassis housing.

Ken Switzer

May 1, 2015
Thanks for the follow up with me shrtrnd. I just happened to find out that this is the way it needed to be done. I thought the handle needed to be removed in order to get the case off. I thank you for your help my friend. Now I just need to find out why the trace will only show up when I stand the scope up on its head.
Have a great day,
Ken

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
When you slide the scope out of the chassis housing, look for a loose or burned connection. First thing that comes to mind for disappearing trace when you tilt the scope.
Good luck.