Maker Pro
Maker Pro

3-phase ac wind generator problems

sandtaz

May 19, 2014
I have a 1000 watt 24 volt 3-phase ac wind generator that is not working properly. Does anyone want to help me diagnose the problem?

sandtaz

May 19, 2014
Here is my question. The AC power from the wind generator feeds thru three wires to a bridge rectifier. The rectifier is three in and three out. I want to only use two of the three DC output wires to go to a charge controller then to my batteries. Can I do this? If so how. Thanks. Sure appreciate the help.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Here is my question. The AC power from the wind generator feeds thru three wires to a bridge rectifier. The rectifier is three in and three out. I want to only use two of the three DC output wires to go to a charge controller then to my batteries. Can I do this? If so how. Thanks. Sure appreciate the help.

Use a 3 phase rectifier.

Attachments

• Rectifier.jpg
    Rectifier.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 109

sandtaz

May 19, 2014
Use a 3 phase rectifier.
Thanks for the diagram. Here is a picture of the rectifier that I want to use. It came with the wind generator controller but the circuit board got fries and the manufacturer is out of business. The three lugs at the bottom are from the generator and the three to the right (two lower hooked up) are to the load (batteries thru a c60 charge controller with diversion load. When this rectifier was attached to the factory PCB, the top connection went to a post on the board with an attached wire going to the diversion load. I did not attach anything to this connection point. I have DC power in (varies with wind speed). AC power out thru bottom and center point; bottom and top but not thru center and top. Does this sound correct? Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_7987.JPG
    IMG_7987.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 96

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
No. Your discription does not make sense. One cannot put dc into a rectifier bank and get ac out. Also I have no idea what your diversion load is. A circuit diagram would be more help. Diodes appear to be pressed in type but only disconnection of the bridging straps and testing to enable a drawing to be made will determine the circuit if one is not available. If you go down this route take plenty of pics so you will know how everything goes back together. Many traps for the unwary including conductive and non conductive washer placement.

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
It looks as if you have a 3 phase rectifier with an extra 3 output diodes to produce two independant supplies thus the battery will not feed the diversion load.

sandtaz

May 19, 2014
No. Your discription does not make sense. One cannot put dc into a rectifier bank and get ac out. Also I have no idea what your diversion load is. A circuit diagram would be more help. Diodes appear to be pressed in type but only disconnection of the bridging straps and testing to enable a drawing to be made will determine the circuit if one is not available. If you go down this route take plenty of pics so you will know how everything goes back together. Many traps for the unwary including conductive and non conductive washer placement.
Sorry. Should have read AC power (varies with wind speed) DC power out...........etc.

sandtaz

May 19, 2014
It looks as if you have a 3 phase rectifier with an extra 3 output diodes to produce two independant supplies thus the battery will not feed the diversion load.
Thanks. Would you see any problem leaving the strap from the extra 3 diodes not hooked up to anything. The C60 charge controller that this rectifier is attached to takes care of shunting excess power from the generator to the diversion load.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Without any specs you're basically looking at the length of a piece of string,

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
Would you see any problem leaving the strap from the extra 3 diodes not hooked up to anything.
I see no problem with leaving it unconnected.
Perhaps this goes to the diversion load which is then switched to ground by the controller. This is all suposition.