Maker Pro
Maker Pro

30VDC fade on - fade off dimmer.

fatfenders

Nov 12, 2011
We are remodeling our home and I have decided to make it a 100% LED operation. I have installed "under the counter" 12 VDC LED light strips in the kitchen, triggered by a motion detector and incorporated an "Oznium" "Fade in - Fade out" dimmer. Works great. Now I want to include a large (18" x 35") LED ceiling mounted light fixture into the system so it works in concert(On - off; Fade in - Fade out wise) with the under counter light strips. And that's the problem. The fixture is rated at 35 watts. I checked the circuit voltage and it is just over 30VDC. The Oznium unit will handle 2 amps but is rated at a max of 24VDC. Just for grins I joined two 12V batteries in series and hooked 'em up to the LEDs... just barely lite them up. I have looked at circuits for Fade on - Fade off dimmers but they are all based on 12v.
What I need is a 30vdc Fade on - Fade off circuit. I am pretty handy with a soldering iron and understand basic DC stuff but I do not have the skill set required to design a 30v dimmer.
The only solution I am capable of cobbling together would be to convert the light fixture to 12 or 24vdc by purchasing new light strips and power supply but that gets a bit spendy.
Any help appreciated.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Did you contact 'Oznium' to see if they make what you want?
How about the light fixture manufacturer to see if they sell or can recommend something for your application?

fatfenders

Nov 12, 2011
shrtnd,
All this stuff is made in China. Difficult to really get any technical help. I did email them however and actually got a response but all they did was give me a link to the 12-24v unit on Amazon.