Maker Pro
Maker Pro

32dB 2Ghz 1-2000MHz Low Noise LNA RF Broadband Amplifier Module HF VHF UHF 6-12V

Cheffry

May 1, 2017
Would like to know how or if I can use this device with a Handheld & Slim Jim antenna..??
TNX.....

32dB 2Ghz 1-2000MHz Low Noise LNA RF Broadband Amplifier Module HF VHF UHF 6-12V

Last edited:

Cheffry

May 1, 2017
I should add that I live in very hilly terrain & I am wanting to make longer distance communications with my little, backpack equipment...

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Would like to know how or if I can use this device with a Handheld & Slim Jim antenna..??
TNX.....

need more info
what sort of handheld ?
are you wanting to transmit and receive ? ham bands ?

obviously you cannot transmit across that whole freq range

please supply more info :)

Dave

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
TNX.....

need more info
what sort of handheld ?
are you wanting to transmit and receive ? ham bands ?

obviously you cannot transmit across that whole freq range

please supply more info :)

Dave

Cheffry

May 1, 2017
I should add that I live in very hilly terrain & I am wanting to make longer distance communications with my little, backpack equipment...

TNX Dave,
Im using a Baofeng UV5R & if Im out hiking I take my Backpacker, Slim Jim, Ladder Type antenna. This little unit ( mentioned above ) is something that Ive considered adding to my kit because I often find myself out of repeater range or simply out of range of other groups of people...And yes, Dave, I am wanting to use this in the 2m- 70cm bands.......It says 6-12V but doesnt mention anything about current. Id like to be able to either use my little, portable 12V solar panel or if possible a 9V battery or combinatioon of AA's or AAA's to power it-- TNX Again, Dave.....

Last edited:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
TNX Dave,
Im using a Baofeng UV5R & if Im out hiking I take my Backpacker, Slim Jim, Ladder Type antenna. This little unit ( mentioned above ) is something that Ive considered adding to my kit because I often find myself out of repeater range or simply out of range of other groups of people...And yes, Dave, I am wanting to use this in the 2m- 70cm bands.......It says 6-12V but doesnt mention anything about current. Id like to be able to either use my little, portable 12V solar panel or if possible a 9V battery or combinatioon of AA's or AAA's to power it-- TNX Again, Dave.....

OK, no probs, I am going to assume you are a licenced amateur :)

note that is a receive preamp, you are going to have to consider relays etc and RF switching control for those relays
if you also want to use TX

Cheffry

May 1, 2017
Awesome, TNX Dave...Would one of these for each radio help at least on the RX end ..?? And yes I am a General Ticket occupant ( lolol )..Maybe not a very smart one but a General anyway.. :) For the price of these little puppies I'd feel amiss if I passed them up. Ive got little boxes to house them its just the question of whether they would be of any benefit or not & the question of whether powering them would be expedient or not....???
TNX Again 1,000,000's Dave...

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Would one of these for each radio help at least on the RX end ..??

yes, but you also need to consider that you would be amplifying the receive and not the transmit and therefore the TX Vs RX would not be "balanced" ( for want of a better word)
it would be worth a try .... results are likely to vary :)

And yes I am a General Ticket occupant ( lolol )..Maybe not a very smart one but a General anyway..

cool, likewise, here in Australia we have 3 basic grades of amateur license ...
Foundation ---- basic whole bunch of bands, limitation on bands, modes and power
Standard ---- big step up from foundation but still some limitations, mainly the higher microwave bands
Advanced --- all bands, all modes, max power ( 200W) there is a high power license available for those into long haul HF or VHF/UHF moonbounce etc ... ummm 1kW from memory

my main interests are VHF and up, particularly the microwave bands
have a look at ......
http://www.sydneystormcity.com/microwave.htm ...... for microwave stuff

http://www.sydneystormcity.com/atv.htm ...... for ATV stuff all bands that I do

Dave
VK2TDN