Maker Pro
Maker Pro

3rd year BTech project ideas (got any?)

unni

Dec 13, 2010
Hi all,
I am doing my B-tech in Applied Elctronics and Instrumentation.I joined this forum to get

some good ideas for my 3rd year electronics project.

Pls give me some projects with circuit diagram and decription.

Thank you in advance.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Would you like us to design and manufacture the PCB for you as well?

Maybe we can build it too. While we're at it, we may as well write your paper too.

Seriously, it's your education, surely you're supposed to do exert some of the design effort?

I have absolutely no problems in suggesting some areas for you to consider. But I need to know what your interests and skills are, and the requirements for your project. Also, some idea of the resources you have (budget etc).

And I think the question belongs in another area...

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Oh, and welcome to Electronics point.

We're really pretty friendly here, but some of us (and I'm certainly one) tend to bristle a little when people seem to ask for us to do their homework.

I'm pretty sure you didn't intend offence, and I don't judge people by their first post anyway :) (except for spammers :D)

barathbushan

Sep 26, 2009
Hi all,
I am doing my B-tech in Applied Elctronics and Instrumentation.I joined this forum to get

some good ideas for my 3rd year electronics project.

Pls give me some projects with circuit diagram and decription.

Thank you in advance.

Budget you set for the project is important . So mention that too

unni

Dec 13, 2010
First of all,thank you for your support.
I am supposed to get a project with circuit diagram and a brief description and get it approved from the principal of the college.We don't need to design a project since it is a mini-project.I got some circuits from EFY.But they are too small.Any project will do.If you know some sites where i can get circiut diagrams,suggest them too.

Ian

Administrator
Aug 23, 2006
Hi Unni, you'd need to give a little more detail on what you are after - but it would help if you answered the questions that Steve and barathbushan asked. After all, if "any project will do", you'd have found one already ;)

unni

Dec 13, 2010
sorry guys, i forgot to mention my budget.Its around 2000-2500 rupees.I am looking for a fairly big circuit that may contain timers,LDR,microcontrollers,op amps etc..

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
OK, so around $US50

What are your interests (so we can suggest something that you can relate to) and skills (have you worked with any particular microcontroller)? What projects have you built in the past?) and what are the requirements for this project (what guidance have you been given)?

And what other resources do you have (e.g. do you have access to programmers for some particular microcontrollers, and/or school facilities for making PCBs at very low cost.

eptheta

Dec 20, 2009
Rs.2500 seems rather less even for a small project.
I'm saying this because very simple projects of mine (using microcontrollers that is) have gone up to Rs.4000.......

A lot of that expense went into figuring stuff out though (aka blowing stuff up), you may want to re-consider your budget. But that's just me...

barathbushan

Sep 26, 2009
@ eptheta
We all like blowing stuff up :D
but let it be a creative experience for a newbie in electronics , not
a destructive one !!!:)

unni

Dec 13, 2010
thanx 4 your replies...I got a topic approved.Its an automatic headlight dimmer using LDR.Can you tell me where can i get a circuit diagram of this.?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Perhaps your first step would be to consider the requirements of such a design.

What might they be?