Maker Pro
Maker Pro

4 component circuit board controls hps lighting?

manstoblame

Jan 15, 2014
Do not know what I really have here! pretty sure no one else will either but here goes. I have a circuit board that was inside a security light on the board it says its 55 volts and 35-150 watt my question is if that means High Pressure Sodium or Metal Halide does anyone here have a clue it was produced by Thomas and Betts but they have no info I guess because its probably (old as dirt) no longer made I included a pic just in case someone does know something about it. Just need to know if its safe to use and what type of lamp its for. Will be using just for yard security purposes, thanks.

After getting off my ..., and doing some work I find the part online duh?! as well as risking death by connecting power and light it powered an HID bulb. Now have a Light for the back yard wow I didn't have to post this.
The final thing I guess to say would be that if this circuit board can control the voltage for an HID light it beats the pants off a big heavy transformer and other parts Wow. Here's a pic of it online and the link http://www.plccenter.com/Buy/AMERICAN ELECTRIC/SD55C maybe its structure can be used in other applications maybe answering my own question I helped some else

Attachments

• light board.jpg
    light board.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 176
  • 367bb416e26a4b8b8fc51a7797ada781.jpg
    367bb416e26a4b8b8fc51a7797ada781.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 164
Last edited: