Maker Pro
Maker Pro

A place to find modern equivalents of old components

looxuser

Dec 28, 2015
Hi Forum members, whilst looking at IC's recently for another repair, I went about searching for those IC's which my product used and noticed they are in some cases hard to find. One such IC was a dual op amp Sanyo LA6510. So this is a dual op amp right and probably used extensively and commonplace, but why can I not find this 6510 easily. I recall reading somewhere that many older components have simply become obsolete and been replaced with new types that may even be improvements on the old. But how the hell would i know that is the question? How does one you know if there's a newer version, is there a table / accessible database anywhere that allows cross reference and establishing the identification of newer labelled components anywhere please?

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
There's no all-encompassing single-source that I know about.
When I need to replace an obsolete part, the first thing I do is Google the part number and 'Cross Reference' or 'Substitution'.
There are scattered substitution lists, but with so many parts manufactured over the years, no one has all of them.
I guess the first thing I'd Google in your case is 'Sanyo LA6510 Cross Reference', and see if any hits get you the information you need.
I often find the actual replacements I want available, but the costs can be excessive because there is a limited supply, and you have to watch-out for counterfeit Chinese scams.