Maker Pro
Maker Pro

A temporary goodbye

shumifan50

Jan 16, 2014
Having only recently discovered this forum and really enjoying it, I am now sad to say that I will temporarily be unable to access the forum regularly for the next 2 months or so as I am moving from the UK to South Africa and currently only have mobile Internet and don't know what I will have in South Africa until I have settled.
The last few weeks have made me realise how spoilt I was with high speed broadband. Nothing like losing it to appreciate what you had.
Thanks to all for the support in my projects so far and hope to be back as soon as possible.
In the meantime enjoy!!!!!!!

chopnhack

Apr 28, 2014
Having only recently discovered this forum and really enjoying it, I am now sad to say that I will temporarily be unable to access the forum regularly for the next 2 months or so as I am moving from the UK to South Africa and currently only have mobile Internet and don't know what I will have in South Africa until I have settled.
The last few weeks have made me realise how spoilt I was with high speed broadband. Nothing like losing it to appreciate what you had.
Thanks to all for the support in my projects so far and hope to be back as soon as possible.
In the meantime enjoy!!!!!!!
Lots of luck to you in your travels, stay well! There are lots of well developed areas in South Africa, where will you be staying?

shumifan50

Jan 16, 2014
I am originally from RSA 25 years ago, but it is a much changed country now; services are no longer what they used to be, so I will be looking for an area that has reasonable internet access. The target area is around Roodepoort, which is where I lived before and is close to family and friends. I am now retired and want to spend a bit of time in a warm climate and close to family and friends. The current intention is to return to the UK in 5 years or so. I am looking forward to jet skiing and swimming in general. I am a keen motorcyclist and I am taking my Yamaha YZF-R1 with me(to blast around) and hope to buy a BMW K1600GT down there to do a bit of touring.
Thanks for your good wishes.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
all the best for the future mate
look forward to seeing your return to the forums and have appreciated your contributions :)

regards
Dave

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Good luck to you.
Looking forward to seeing you again on this forum.

Harald

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Good luck in your journeys. Maybe you can drop in occasionally to tell us how it's going.

Steve

Ian

Administrator
Aug 23, 2006
Good luck on your move, I hope it all goes well! Do pop in again once you're all settled and let us know how it's going :).

shumifan50

Jan 16, 2014
Hi guys, Thanks for all your good wishes. I am now almost set up in RSA, but the one important thing is still missing - reasonable (not even high) speed internet. When I bought my house here, I checked and ADSL was available at 4mb/s, but after the whole purchase process was completed, there were no longer any ADSL ports available on my local exchange, so I currently have to rely on a diabolically slow and unreliable mobile internet. Telkom, the only ADSL provider, tells me they are upgrading the exchange and ports should become available in March (which year is the question).
I am located in a very hilly area and it seems to provider here has towers that provide reasonable signal in the valley I am in. They came and tested LTE at my house and achieved 3mb/s with a huge antenna attached.
The upside is the weather is great; we went boating the day before yesterday and I look somewhat like a lobster LOL. Been on a few breakfast runs with a K1300GT I picked up for a song.
Office is not yet set up - that is next on the list so I can get my 3D printer going.

I will drop in as much as possible with this terrible internet as I really enjoy this forum - keep up the good work.

NOTE. This is one of the VERY FEW websites that I can access and 'works' (although slow because of connection) with the very slow internet. Congratulations to the web designers as they deserve some praise.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
welcome back and a happy New Year :)